Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedal, Combo Amp and POD HD BEAN

zilip76

Hi Community,

Meanwhile I am bedroom player. So If i want a good sound...I have to make my combo amp (ENGL Screamer) loud. On the other hand I have a POD HD BEAN.
I heard about a method to connect an amplifier with the POD HD.
So does this method allows me, that the tone goes from the guitar into the combo amp --> from the combo amp into the POD HD and the cab sim of the POD HD--> and than out of the stereo speakers?
Or does the sound come from the cab of the combo amp?
Can I also play around with the settings of my amp (gain, bass... clean channel, distorted channel)?
Can I also put an overdrive pedal in front of the combo amp?

I thank you in advance for the help.

You are alluding to 4CM. I don't recommend that setup with the HD Desktop. It is extremely tweaky. It does work and will work very nicely, but it takes a lot of time to dial it up. I would recommend just running into the power amp in on the amp and choose with combo PWR amp or stack power amp output mode and stick with PRE models.

However, if you really want to try 4CM with the HD Desktop. Here is a thread I created some 8 or 9 years back.

So the order would be: 

Guitare into pedal--> into POD--> directly into the ENGL combo amp. 

The ENGl combo amp should be on clean channel? If I use the pre amp models of the POD...i cant use the other channels of the ENGL? The output mode allows me that the pod is using the cab of the combo amp? 

I dont understand the pros. :/

1 hour ago, zilip76 said:

So the order would be: 

Guitare into pedal--> into POD--> directly into the ENGL combo amp. 

The ENGl combo amp should be on clean channel? If I use the pre amp models of the POD...i cant use the other channels of the ENGL? The output mode allows me that the pod is using the cab of the combo amp? 

I dont understand the pros. :/

I would suggest running GTR->Pedal->POD->ENGL FX LOOP RETURN. However, if you really want to be able to use the ENGL preamp or the POD you would need to run 4CM...HD Desktop is NOT designed with 4CM in mind. However, it can work...I put a link to thread about it above. There is even a patch on that thread...I would suggest you read the thread to see if that is what you really want to do...It's a lot of trouble on the Desktop...It's more practical with a Pro or 500...