Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm A Little Late, But: Congratulations!

karmicfreak

...to all the fellow DT owners out there, you still have the state-of-the-art Line 6 pro-level amp!  The amp reinvented or not, my perfectly awesome DT25 need not be pawned to satisfy my GAS.  

Time to go back to wishing for a Tyler Variax Bass. 

• Upvote 1

...to all the fellow DT owners out there, you still have the state-of-the-art Line 6 pro-level amp! The amp reinvented or not, my perfectly awesome DT25 need not be pawned to satisfy my GAS.

Time to go back to wishing for a Tyler Variax Bass.

100%!!!!! I just got the DT, and I honestly have no clue why I waited SOOOO LONG. I've had the HD500 since 2010, and while I love it standalone, and the tones literally make the X3 tones OBSOLETE. Pairing that with the DT and a JTV is definitely the best the HD will ever sound. The A-to-D conversion going on in the JTV is superior to the A-to-D happening in the HD500, so while a regular guitar to the HD to a DT will sound good or great, the JTV sounds AMAZING. Using the onboard mags or the models, this this sings.

Now, this Variax Bass you speak of... What a cool idea!!!! JTV Bass Model ideas anyone? Imagine what you could do with a 6 string James Tyler Variax Bass!!

- 1977 Fender P-Bass

- The Funk Machine P-Bass (James Jamerson, the legendary bass of Motown)

- Alembic Starfire

- 1963 Hofner Beatle Bass

- Modulus Q5-TBX

- Modulus Quantum 5-EMG

- Languedoc Dragon Bass

- 1977 Fender Jazz Bass

- 1964 Rickenbacker 4001

- 1963 GIbson EB3

- Guild Starfire

- Steinberger XL-2

- 1959 Danelectro Longhorn

- 1977 Music Man Stingray

post-1188905-0-05298100-1391012227_thumb.jpeg

post-1188905-0-98355800-1391012232_thumb.jpg

I've been enjoying my dream rig for over a year now, and while I was looking forward to the announcement of what became the Amplifi, I'm satisfied.  However, it does weigh quite a bit less than the DT, which means it would be lighter when you slowly drag your sh!t-a$$ up the moun-tain! (We are everywhere!)

The JTV Bass would likely have updates of the same models as the original Variax bass, which you can find on craigslist or ebay only.  Languedoc, heh, it would be fun to be 90s Mike!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I was worried when they started talking about reinventing the amplifier.. I am glad they didn't! I use the DT25 so it's marginally lighter. I want to get another one.. Gotta pay for this one first! Same for the JTV actually, god bless these web companies that offer payment plans :)

Yeah, I mean - it would be pretty cool.. They could launch an HD-Bass POD series built on the same architecture as the HD500 / 500x. I used to love using my X3L for bass; would be so much cooler as a "Dream Bass Rig".

Something about how the JTV talks to the HD which talks to the DT. They could launch the BT bass amp series! And like how they partnered with Bogner for the DT, they could team up with MarkBass for the BT!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this thread, hahaah. I've had the DT50 for a few months now and absolultely love it. Along with the HD500 and X3Pro it's alot of fun. I do wish I had 2 of them though. I won't be ever be selling this stuff.

gotta love this dream rig... best ever for straight electric and pretty damn good for acoustic too when set right...  still waiting for one new piece of gear to be released this year... still need a great FRFR solution but not dropping $800 for an L series... never even seriously considered the AMPLIFi...