Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I switch to stomp mode with the foot controller?

kerryhall1

I have a Helix rack with the foot controller. I love it, it's insanely cool.

I have presets 0 and 1 all ready to go for several songs. I switch back and forth between presets 0 and 1, both during songs and between songs, but mostly I switch around between snapshots in preset 1. I wouldn't have bought a Helix without the snapshot feature, it's 100% essential.

I keep my helix set to "8 snapshots" mode in global settings, and the up/down buttons on the far left of the foot controller let me change presets.

Today I realized for a certain song I need a looper in preset 0. I added a looper in preset 0, and then unbypass the looper by pressing the bypass button on the front of the rack. Suddenly, my foot controller is in looper mode. This is great, I try out the looper and I love it. Now I switch to preset 1, looper mode is gone, we are back to snapshot mode, this is perfect, exactly what I needed to happen.

But when it comes time to switch back to preset 0 and use the looper, this is where the trouble starts. Switching back to preset 0 keeps me in snapshot mode, my looper mode is sadly gone. The looper is there on the screen, but it's just bypassed now. I think I need to somehow enter looper mode to use the looper.

How do I get from snapshot mode into looper mode? I tried pressing the mode button, and it basically just toggles between snapshot mode and then just showing 8 blank foot switches. (Why are those blank?)

I'm guessing I have to do something like this:

* Switch to preset 0 as usual.

* Enter stomp mode (somehow, no clue on this yet, the mode button apparently does nothing)

* While in stomp mode, press the button assigned to the looper to enter looper mode. (How do I assign a button to the looper to enter looper mode?)

* Use the looper as usual.

* Switch back to preset 1 when needed and everything goes back to snapshot mode, which is exactly what I want.

How the heck do I enter stomp mode from snapshot mode? That mode button just isn't working sadly.

2 hours ago, kerryhall1 said:

How do I get from snapshot mode into looper mode? I tried pressing the mode button, and it basically just toggles between snapshot mode and then just showing 8 blank foot switches. (Why are those blank?)

Maybe you have not assigned any effect blocks?

You can assign a button to the looper in stomp mode by pressing the menu button(next to the save button) > Bypass Assign

...if the mode button still isn't working sadly then I would try a reset(dont't forget to make a backup)

Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters

Holding footswitch 9+10 on boot restores presets, setlists, globals and IRs (restores factory bundle) "THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS

• Thanks 1