Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2nd Passive elec guitar in effects loop of Lt

snarfarf

Heyas I'm not very technical at all but hope I have the right jargon here!

I've read you can have 2 passive electric guitars in the helix lt at once with one in the effects loop but have also read from some that the one in the effects loop wont sound right because of the 'low Z input'. If I use a direct box into it does that solve the issue?

I teach guitar so having both electrics in there and being able to control everything from there would be brilliant.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, you can use one of the returns as an input for a guitar. If you set the level to instrument level in the Global Settings menu, the input impedance will be 1MOhm, which is fine for passive guitars (that's typically what the input impedance of Lo Z inputs is).

5 hours ago, phil_m said:

Yes, you can use one of the returns as an input for a guitar. If you set the level to instrument level in the Global Settings menu, the input impedance will be 1MOhm, which is fine for passive guitars (that's typically what the input impedance of Lo Z inputs is).

If ya google it you'll see what I mean..

14 minutes ago, snarfarf said:

I'm a bit confused by it all, the guitar input in the helix is a Hi Z input, why is that then?

Don't over think it...

When set to Instrument Level they work fine as additional inputs, I use them all the time! You also have the convenience of a level control in the return block if you want to fine tune the level of the incoming instrument. 

4 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Don't over think it...

When set to Instrument Level they work fine as additional inputs, I use them all the time! You also have the convenience of a level control in the return block if you want to fine tune the level of the incoming instrument. 

Over thinking is my middle name!

• Haha 1