Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weight And Dimensions Of Amplifi 75 & 150?

Tones2

Also as a follow-up, in their a PDF manual yet available? I assume not as it's not on this Line 6 site anywhere that I can find, but just asking.

And lastly, where is the HANDLE? Someone said it comes out of the top but I can't see it anywhere in the pictures. Is it between the control knobs and the back? Is it actually that space between the two that serves as a "handle", or does something pop up?

Tony

In doing some extensive searching on the internet, I found a couple of German sites that list the Amplifi 75 at 11.7 kg (about 26 pounds) and the Amplifi 150 at 17 kg (about 37 pounds). If this is actual weight (not shipping weight - it didn't say) these are both heavier than I hoped and expected, especially for the Amplifi 75 with only a 8" inch speaker and a plastic frame. I was hoping this would come in at under 20 pounds.

Phil is correct -  The "handle" doesn't pop up but is a ledge behind the controls (when looking from the front) with an open area underneath with a "grip".  I really like this as it allows you to set an item on top without fearing it will fall off (like most amps!).  I took the best photo I could muster with my phone camera, hope this helps

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25040586/amplifi%20handle.jpg

Someone else posted this link on another thread, but it does include the weight and dimensions. The weights listed above must be the shipped weights, because these are a little less. Not a whole lot, though.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/ampl/amplififaq

AMPLIFi 75 Specs

• 75 watts
  • 8†custom speaker
  • 2 mid-frequency drivers
  • 2 high-frequency drivers
  • Weight: 20 lbs 8 oz
  • Dimensions: H: 12.5" W: 17.5" D: 8"
  • 1/4†Guitar input and 1/8†Stereo Aux input
  • 1/4†Headphone output
  • Tap tempo/tuner
  • 4 onboard presets (access unlimited presets via app)
  • Stereo Wet/Dry Effects for immersive sound
  • Compatible with Line 6 FBV MkII Foot Controllers
  • USB connection
  • Bluetooth streaming audio (compatible with Android, iOS and Mac or PC)

AMPLIFi 150 Specs

• 150 watts
  • 12†custom Celestion speaker
  • 2 mid-frequency drivers
  • 2 high-frequency drivers
  • Weight: 35 lbs 10 oz
  • Dimensions: H: 16.25" W: 22.5" D: 9.5"
  • 1/4†Guitar input and 1/8†Stereo Aux input
  • 1/4†Headphone output
  • Tap tempo/tuner
  • 4 onboard presets (access unlimited presets via app)
  • Stereo Wet/Dry Effects for immersive sound
  • Compatible with Line 6 FBV MkII Foot Controllers
  • USB connection
  • Bluetooth streaming audio (compatible with Android, iOS and Mac or PC)

• 9 months later...

Well that seems WAY hard on the fingers since you can't wrap them around a handle so that your actual hand can bear the weight. Seems like a dumb design. Let's hope these amps are LIGHT. :)

Its not that heavy that you should need to wrap your hand around a handle. If so you may have other things to consider before you buy this awesome amp.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not that heavy that you should need to wrap your hand around a handle. If so you may have other things to consider before you buy this awesome amp.

Yeah I can move it around no problem.  I usually just use the grip at the top to lift it and then shift my hands to hold it from underneath.  I really don't have to do that, I'm just paranoid I'm going to pull a muscle in my finger or hand but it's really not that heavy.  (I have the 150).