Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How's the Helix LT Expression pedal holding up?

theElevators

Hi there.  Just curious how the LT expression pedal holding up after one year, 2 years, so on?  Any issues, noises, etc?  Just wondering whether I should use the onboard pedal or use an external one?  It is kind-of flimsy-looking, with that rubber adhesive surface.  Thanks!

I bought my LT about 15 months ago.... I played over 100 gigs last year plus any rehearsals on top of that. 

No problems with the built in expression.... working just fine, no sign of any issues. 

2 hours ago, theElevators said:

It is kind-of flimsy-looking, with that rubber adhesive surface. 

Are you referring to the built in expression? I don't find it flimsy at all. MAYBE it isn't as robust as the Helix Floor or a Mission external pedal, but it's certainly much more rugged than the typical expression pedal on the market. 

I have had my LT for 2 years now. I used to use the built in pedal, but at some point I had a hardware failure on the optical component reading the pedal position. Since then, I feel uneasy using it for heavy duty stuff, and I have relegated it to control the volume boost on my leads. I have an external wah pedal and an external expression pedal (Ernie Ball VP jr) that looks more sturdy to me. YMMV. 

Guess that makes me one of the "unlucky few". My LT is currently in repair as the pedal has issues.

- it varies in "resistance" when moving and sometimes makes some noise as well

- the % response is inaccurate; only a slight variation may cause a huge increase/ decrease in the parameter it is controlling

I've owned the LT for little over a year and actually do not use the pedal very often. Just the occasional wah....

I'm hoping to get my repaired/ replaced unit back a.s.a.p. and will seriously consider buying an external pedal.

I have 2 LT's. One of them for almost 2 years and the expression pedals have been fine, although I have made adjustments to them via the screw on the pedal. The foot switches are a little different story for me. I've had the bottom row (all switches) repaired by Line 6 warranty claim on the first LT a few months ago and already have 2 of them becoming intermittent again. They will need to be replaced soon. I'm glad to have a backup but I do wish that there was an upgrade to the foot switches o the LT. That's what I get for trying to have energy at a performance I guess?