Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CarlosBluesman

Olá, Amigos!

Does anyone knows wich Patch Name on Tone Settings gives me the sound of the old Big Muff ???

For example: #269 HOTEL CALI ?

#270.LA GRANGE ?

#272.LAZY ?

#285.SMOKE WATER?

Thanks a lot and Happy Carnival to Everyone!

Carlos Mendes Bluesman

Some confusion here?

Big Muff is a pedal, not a patch.

On Helix, you find it in the Distortion library. It is called 'Triangle Fuzz'.

How you set the pedal up, plus which amp, cab and mic you use will *all* have significant effects on the final tone...

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, BBD_123 said:

Some confusion here?

Big Muff is a pedal, not a patch.

On Helix, you find it in the Distortion library. It is called 'Triangle Fuzz'.

How you set the pedal up, plus which amp, cab and mic you use will *all* have significant effects on the final tone...

Hope this helps.

No confusion, man.

I´m looking for the primarely sound of Big Muff inside a patch.

That´s why I pointed some as 271."Lazy", 285."Smoke Water", etc. For example: 51."Hands Down" is too crunchy! 265."Godzilla" is himself in black&white.

I know that you can change some parameters in the patches, but I used not to change them. I do prefer to call them in the factory mode. See?

I am still with the good ol´ Spider Jam of my heart! Working all nites bringing joy to the people of town. When the pub have P.A. I carry my JM4-Looper, my lovely "pedaleira"!..

Afterall, many thanks for your attention.

Happy Carnival!

Carlos Mendes-Bluesman

16 minutes ago, CarlosBluesman said:

I know that you can change some parameters in the patches, but I used not to change them. I do prefer to call them in the factory mode. See?

It is very unlikely that you will get the tone *you* want from a factory preset patch.

So you will need to either create a patch of your own or edit a preset.

Creating your own patches is not so hard. The simplest way has just two blocks - the fuzz pedal and a combination amp + cab  block - like this:

[triangle fuzz] - [amp + cab]

Try a few different [amp + cab] blocks until you get a tone that you like, then add the [triangle fuzz] in front and dial the fuzz in to work with the [amp + cab] tone.

Helix isn't really a plug and play device - patches need to be dialled in carefully to suit your specific needs.

Hope this helps...

Dear Mate,

As I said, I´m still with my beloved Spider Jam or JM4-Looper.

Nowadays, industry is launching new products every year, but sometimes they don´t satisfied me as they should to.

Amplif-i had not convinced me. It´s a mysterious cabinet, poor performer, cell phone internet and apps user. That is, no good stuff for the night.

Moreover, I intend to create my sound and keep it for years, just like Richie Blackmore, Jimmy Page and our "saudoso" Alvin Lee!

Tight Hugs,

Carlos Mendes-Bluesman

6 hours ago, CarlosBluesman said:

Dear Mate,

As I said, I´m still with my beloved Spider Jam or JM4-Looper.

Olá, Carlos

Maybe you are simply having too much fun at the carnival -  to get an answer, post your question to the correct forum

https://line6.com/support/forum/26-spider-jam/

Hope this helps

• Haha 1