Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Wet/Dry/Wet

bsp212

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been searching and can't find the information I'm looking for. I'm trying to find out if I can do the following signal path with this:

Guitar ----Amp-------Cabinet A - Dry

I

Pre-Amp out-----HX Effects (Internal signal path-----Noise Gate--------Volume Pedal--------Pitch modulation-----delay--)------Out to Power Amp input 1---------Cabinet B 

I

I

-----Pitch modulation-----delay--)------Out to Power Amp input 2----------Cabinet C 

I know I would have to add an expression cable for the volume pedal, but that's not a problem. I want the volume pedal in place to roll in/out the amount of wet signal.

I've been running an analog rig and really don't know what I'm getting into with this stuff. I'm going to stick with my tube amps in the front, so I really don't need the amp or cabinet models of the Helix. Also, any other (analog) effects will be run through the effects loop of the amp (modulation, echo, etc.) so this is all I need it to do.

Any input or knowledge shared is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on your amp.  If you are taking the effects out from your amp (you mention pre-amp out) into the HXE, that ofteny engages a switch or something that requires you to then take the output from your effects back into the return on the amp to get output from the power amp stage.

If you have a signal in the Pre-Amp out, and signal still gets to the output stage on your amp, then what you show will work.

Guitar ----Amp-------Cabinet A - Dry

I

Pre-Amp out-----HX Effects (Internal signal path-----Noise Gate--------Volume Pedal--------Pitch modulation-----delay--) Out to Power Amp input 1---------Cabinet B 

---Out to Power Amp input 2----- ---Cabinet C 

If it's like all of my amps, you need to do the following:

Guitar -> Amp guitar in->Effects send-> HXE Input ->(Noise Gate->Volume block-> Split block-> Pitch mod ->stereo delay)---Left-Out -> Power Amp input 1- ---Cab B 

|                                                                           ---Right Out -> Power Amp input 2----Cab C

-> Send block -> effect send)-> Amp Effects Return -> Cab A - Dry

Well.  Something like that.   I had to do this from memory.  The HX Effects will do it for you.

Update - The preamp out signal was too weak to use at volumes below those used to wake the dead. I ended up adding a Suhr Iso Line Out Box to tap the line out signal from the speaker output of the amp. It has a gain boost so you can raise the line out level high enough to send a signal to the effects unit. This worked like a champ.