Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Missing an Helix family manual similar to M5, M9 & M13 FX ParaMeters manual

Euripide

Line 6 should provide an indepth FX parameters manual similar to their « M5, M9 & M13 FX ParaMeters manual » for the Helix/HX family.

I know, most parameters are obvious, but there are some nebulous ones as well as some effects that could use some more detailled description. Even some useful tips & tricks from the developpers. There are a lot of stuff there and it could save us a lot of time...

hope my prayer will be heard somewhere on cloud 6: I’ve actually enjoyed and found these kind of manuals very useful for the M series And for the pod X3.

11 minutes ago, Euripide said:

Line 6 should provide an indepth FX parameters manual similar to their « M5, M9 & M13 FX ParaMeters manual » for the Helix/HX family.

I know, most parameters are obvious, but there are some nebulous ones as well as some effects that could use some more detailled description. Even some useful tips & tricks from the developpers. There are a lot of stuff there and it could save us a lot of time...

hope my prayer will be heard somewhere on cloud 6: I’ve actually enjoyed and found these kind of manuals very useful for the M series And for the pod X3.

Most, if not all, of the “Legacy FX” are the same as, or derived from the M units you mention, so you have all the info you need right there in those manuals.

Also, not a printed manual, but a good resource for Helix users.

https://helixhelp.com

I know the site, but it doesn’t compare at all to the Line 6 PDF manuals I was refering to. There is no in depth parameters description. In fact if you take a look for example, at the the Reverbs, there are none. In fact there are only the same general list of parameters already in the Helix manual

41 minutes ago, Euripide said:

but it doesn’t compare at all to the Line 6 PDF manuals I was refering to.

Hi,

I understand what you are saying, but there have been many requests for “up to date” manuals to be made available and if you trawl this and other forums you will find that the general consensus of opinion is that Owner’s Manuals will only be revised with major Firmware updates. That means - don’t expect anything new until v3.0 FW, and even then it may not go as deep as you may wish. One reply from Digital Igloo stated the even creating revised manuals as Acrobat pdf format, rather than print, is extremely complex and time consuming because of the many languages that need to be translated for a global marketplace. 

As you stated in your original post, “most parameters are obvious“ - others just need playing around with. There isn’t anything totally esoteric in there, especially if you have used FX pedals previously.

Hope this helps/makes sense

11 hours ago, Euripide said:

I know the site, but it doesn’t compare at all to the Line 6 PDF manuals I was refering to. There is no in depth parameters description. In fact if you take a look for example, at the the Reverbs, there are none. In fact there are only the same general list of parameters already in the Helix manual

I know what you are referring to but they have never really done anything like what you're talking about for any of the Modelling/Multi FX units. They've done "model galleries" where they kind of describe each thing but there isn't one for the Helix. The one for the POD HD has a lot of what's in the Helix but it sounds like you already know that. Here's where it is if you haven't seen it yet.

https://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500x

43 minutes ago, Euripide said:

I see that. Was unaware of the X3 manual. I had one but the X3 was essentially 2 POD XT's housed in one unit so I already knew how to use it. Bottom line is there ain't one out for the Helix. It would be nice. I would like puctures of everything also. Nothing fancy, just a straight on shot.