Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Needing a tone from older amp

Jaydenigris

I  hope someone can help.  Have a gig tomorrow and need this tone.

First off i have pod xt live.

Im trying to duplicate my sound from my spider 2 head and cannot seem to get it right.

On the head dial its Metal Green.  The tone i can play with but getting the right amp i cannot find.

Any help would be great.

Thank you all again

Jay

6 hours ago, Jaydenigris said:

First off i have pod xt live.

First off this is the POD HD forum.. ;) ah ah..

6 hours ago, Jaydenigris said:

Im trying to duplicate my sound from my spider 2 head and cannot seem to get it right.

On the head dial its Metal Green.  The tone i can play with but getting the right amp i cannot find.

If I'm not wrong the Spider Metal Green setting should correspond to a Line 6 Original (Hi-Gain) amp model called "Line 6 Agro" with the following description:

An aggressive high gain amp with a unique Mid control that will take you though the entire gamut of tone on one knob. How did we do it? The mid knob for this model changes the character of the distortion. When set to minimum the distortion exhibits Fuzz pedal characteristics. When the Mid is set to noon it creates creamy modern high gain amp tones a la Soldano. And when the Mid knob is turned up to Max it’s very much reminiscent of that Class A Vox® sound. Of course, then there are all the places in between...

Not sure if to get the above amp model you need to buy and install the Power Pack on your XTL or if it is already included with the latest firmware.

On the POD HD the above amp model is included in the optional HD Metal Pack.

In any case the same amp model will not sound100% identical in your Spider amp, XTL or POD HD because each of these devices uses a different cab speaker (real or modeled), but with some tweakings you can make them more close to each other.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips