Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Complete Manual?

HuntsvilleGator

My guess is Line 6 put the Pilot's Guide up in the manual section as a place-holder for the actual full manual.  The Pilot's Guide only covers the parts of the amplifier and the only reference to the software app -- the heart of the Amplifi system -- is that you can download it from the App Store.  Line 6 clearly notes in the "Congratulations" sheet that, quote:  "The enclosed Quick Start manual gives you the basics for getting up and running. The full manual for your product can be downloaded for free at http://line6.com/support/manuals/."

I think it's important to continue requesting -- and expect to receive -- an appropriate manual for the Amplifi amps. Receiving a manual is a most basic expectation for a new product, and I await Line 6 to come through for us.  AE

• 2 months later...

I' m like everyone else on here , the manuals that line 6 have are not very good , and only touches part of the product , wish they would do more with there manuals . I also have other products from line 6 and same thing, have the stagescape m20d and the store called rep for foot controllers , and everyone he said would work with the unit doesn't it's frustrating . Line 6 let's get in the game with manuals. Oh I wonder if anyone reads this?????

Oh I winder if anyone reads this?????

Unfortunately just us fellow users unless there is an opportunity to encourage us to buy more gear... the only place I consistently see any official company presence is in the stage source forums...

When I made a post about getting a manual with my new Spider IV-75 all I got for my efforts was the posting of negitive votes on my profile by the Company "Experts". Seems here that I'm not the only one who thinks that getting a REAL manual with your gear isn't too much to ask. Heck, they could have a DVD in the box with all the info and instructional video's included for about .60 cents a pop. I just bought a VACUUM CLEANER for goodness sakes and it had a complete DVD included.

I think the last thing people want to do after buying new stuff, is to put it down and then have to search for instructions and manuals on-line. Then when you get a manual they are poorly written and hard to follow in my experiance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just curious...  what do you want to see in a manual?

I have an AMPLIFi FX100 and 150.  The Pilot Guide gives you the basics on what the controls on the hardware device do; the rest of the "brains" are in the AMPLIFi Remote mobile app which I find very easy to use.

I'm not missing a manual...I don't see the need for one.  What do you want to see documented in a manual?

I'm not missing a manual...I don't see the need for one. What do you want to see documented in a manual?

I totally agree. The app is the brain of this tool. It is so easy and intuitive. You are not going to learn anything in a manual that you cannot experiment on your own to learn. No tools required!! Just play guitar and have fun!!

Jim

Ps. If you want every feature built in to the amp you could have just bought a very inexpensive Spyder IV and played along with an MP3 player connected to a jack in the amp. A lot more playing and a lot less fiddling!

I like the list, but I wish the effects section went into greater detail on what the controls for each effect are.

Not meaning to be snarky, but what I do is try the effects out and see what the controls do...it's time consuming but works better listening than reading a description.   I get my amp model set, then add effects, usually ones I like and already use, unless I want to be in the "I just bought a new effect pedal" experience mode...i.e., trying an effect model I normally don't use.  It keeps things from getting stale over time. 

When I add an effect, I set all the controls to center/noon, and adjust each between min and max to see what they do, then work on dialing in the effect I'm after.  I enjoy this process...and I think hearing what things do is better than reading about what they're supposed to do

Nothing wrong with snarky, if that's how you're feeling!

I do the same thing, play with the effects, until I get it to sound like I want (or don't).

But I've always been a documentation nut.   Everything I buy, I read the manual, then hook up/assemble/turn on the device, play with it, then read the manual again to see if I missed anything, or to get that 'ah ha' moment now that I know what they were talking about.

I'd just like to see that.  I can certainly live without a manual, but I love 'em so!   :-)

Have a great day!

• 5 months later...

All Line 6 offers for Amplifi 150 is a pilot's guide. Users who have been linked to a full fledged user guide are completely tricked. There is none. Line 6, with all of its brilliance, seems completely tone deaf and uncaring for this lack of information. Go back to the Spyder Mark II. Lots of manuals and supporting docs. Is anyone at Line 6 even there, or are there only robots?

One thing that a manual would have brought out was that you can have multiple instances of an effect and that effects blocks can be changed. As it is I was lucky to notice that a preset I downloaded had 2 delay blocks. I had to do some digging and experimenting to find out how to change it. This is a huge feature! It's barely mentioned in the remote manual, just barely.

I lave a ton of Line 6 gear, going back to the original POD. Coming from a time when Line 6 gave a lot more detail to getting very little, is a bit disappointing. I agree that with music the best thing is to use your ears when hearing what options the various controls give you, but a bit of detail never hurt either.

The manual is on the remote app, at least on my tablet . Go to settings and then AMPLIFI Remote Manual, which is the third entry under ABOUT. The manual is a rev B dated 2016, which is a lot more detailed than the 2013 version that came along with my app when I bought the amp. I did not specifically download it so it must have been automatically updated. It was there before I updated my firmware three days ago. I have not been able to find the 2016 version  on any searches on Google.

danskerman