Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

a monitor sounds very low

Guitarlogic

Hi everyone, it turns out that from one day to another it sounds very low on the left monitor only when I use the POD HD desktop as a sound card, with the integrated PC card it sounds perfectly, I have already composed the cables with continuity and they are fine, I have connected the headphones to the POD and they listen well on both sides.

I discard the monitor because if it were he would also fail with the integrated PC card, I discard the POD because with the headphones it sounds good.
The only thing that occurs to me is that one day of these the PC started to update, is it possible that something like this could happen through a windows update?

I have also updated drivers and reviewed the sound settings of windows.

If I don't get anything I will have to format the PC.

Let's see if someone comes up with something.

Thank you

Try the following: disconnect the device from your computer, turn it off and on again, check if there is still a difference between the Left and Right outputs.

If there is still difference, it could be a POD hardware problem, but it could be also a corrupted patch you are currently using (try a different one).

If you are using jack adaptors check them too, and check also the cables.

If with the POD disconnected from the computer (in which case the windows driver cannot still affect the POD signal) there is no difference between L and R, then obviously it means that the problem comes from the computer.

If you have the chance to use an other computer, try it, as a final test.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

5 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

I have tested the POD without connecting to the PC and it does the same, the left speaker practically does not sound.

I have also tried another PC and the same, so it is the POD that fails right?

Surely the test you did excludes the computer and the driver installed.

Also try swapping the L and R cables to make sure none of them are defective, and if you use jack adapters remember that they too can stop working well.

I also recommend to do a Global Reset, or to reset even more deeply do a firmware reinstallation/reflashing followed by a Global Reset. (But remember to save your POD patches to your computer first.)

Pod HD Series Reset Procedures

(FYI, a global reset should always be done after every firmware update to avoid strange unexpected device behaviors, such as what happened suddenly to yours, so if the last time you installed the firmware you didn't, this could be the reason for your problem ).

If the problem persists even after the reset, then all that remains is to take the POD to an authorized technician to repair it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, Guitarlogic said:

How is a gobal reset done?
turning off and on?

I gave you already the link to the reset instructions in my previous post..

However you should hold down the left arrow on the navigation button while powering the unit. That's it.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

27 minutes ago, Guitarlogic said:

I've tried the global reset and I can't get it reset, I've even tried to press and hold the left arrow and connect the power connector directly and nothing.

will I do something wrong?

You've probably already reset.

no confirmation message appears at the end of the reset procedure which occurs silently.

what is ascertainable is that all the global settings (if they have been changed) are restored to the default values (eg the screen contrast), and also the names of the setlists return as the default (but the patches contained therein are not touched).

---------------------

for a deeper and more radical reset you could try to install the latest firmware (with the Monkey app) and then do the global reset again.

if even doing so the problem persists, then your unit need to be physically repaired

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Well, I have restored the POD and the problem persists, I have updated the firmware and the problem persists, it is a pity it has been overnight, I am not very good at what to do now. I bought the POD in 2012, it has never left home has never fallen or received blows, has always been in perfect condition.

In my city there is no technical service line 6 and I don't feel like having to send it out. I have to think.

I want to thank you hurghanico for everything you have bothered to help me, I wrote the problem in more forums and you were the one who worried the most.

Many thanks

41 minutes ago, Guitarlogic said:

Well, I have restored the POD and the problem persists, I have updated the firmware and the problem persists, it is a pity it has been overnight, I am not very good at what to do now. I bought the POD in 2012, it has never left home has never fallen or received blows, has always been in perfect condition.

In my city there is no technical service line 6 and I don't feel like having to send it out. I have to think.

I want to thank you hurghanico for everything you have bothered to help me, I wrote the problem in more forums and you were the one who worried the most.

Many thanks

You are welcome Guitarlogic.
I'm sorry you haven't solved it.

But I have an idea you might like ..
since you said that the headphone output works well (both L & R), maybe you could try using it with a Y cable (ie 1 stereo to 2 mono) to make the connection to your monitors.

The headphone output signal probably is a little hotter than what you'd get from the standard outputs, but you can adjust your monitors and POD master volume as needed.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

6 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

You need one from stereo jack to stereo mini jack, right?

Yes

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

16 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

The fact is that when I try the left speaker still does not sound, however with headphones yes, any explanation?

Weird!

Of the ones below here, what does your headphones plug (or 3.5mm to 6.35mm Jack adaptor) look like?

Guitar-Jacks-_-Plugs-Iron-Age-Guitar-Acc

By logic if, as you said, you connect your headphones to the POD headphones output and it works perfectly, if you then connect the "mini Jack Stereo to 2 Jack Mono" cable to the same POD headphones output above, and do the connection to your 2 monitors, both of them should work perfectly as well.

If not, it means that generally the Left channel of yout POD is not working properly, and your headphones are working ok only apparently, maybe because their plug (or adapter) is not stereo but mono, or it is not inserted all the way into the connector.

If you come to the conclusion that it actually is the Left channel generally not working as expected, although I have always believed (perhaps wrongly, you never know) that when the POD is disconnected from the computer it no longer continues to be influenced by the settings made through the audio control panel of the operating system, perhaps it would still be worth checking the above settings with the device still connected to dispel any doubts.

If you open the audio control panel of the OS (assuming that the POD is already set as its AI) you should see a sort of mixer where for each audio channel (assigned in this case to the POD) you have a volume control and a balance control.

I wonder if for some unknown reason the balance control has recently moved involuntarily to the right (instead of being in the center), if so it would be easy to reposition it.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

The connector of my headphones is like the second in the photo, that is, stereo.

The sound configuration on the computer is already checked from the beginning and everything is fine, each channel with the same level.

I do not understand why with headphones it sounds good and connecting the monitors to the headphone input no, I think something will have to do with the left channel but I don't  know

The headphone jack is stereo and the connector is inserted correctly

I guess I will have to look for repair or contemplate other options

2 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

I do not understand why with headphones it sounds good and connecting the monitors to the headphone input no

Since at least we are sure that the Left and Right channels arrive well at the headphones output, I would say that at this point there is no doubt that any existing problem is to be found in one of more of the things that are connected in series starting from the aforementioned output, namely one of these: adapter, cables, monitors.

IMO the POD still works well.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I have moved the cables while playing music and I have not felt that the left speaker was threatening to sound.

I have also connected to the headphone output some small computer speakers with their own wiring and if the 2 sound equally

then it will have to be a cable?

28 minutes ago, Guitarlogic said:

I have also connected to the headphone output some small computer speakers with their own wiring and if the 2 sound equally

You could remove the "if" from the above sentence..

I think that at this point we have proven more than enough that the POD gives the signal to both LEFT and RIGHT. Ie it works fine..

As already said the problem must be in one of the things connected to it.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I bought a new cable and the same thing continues
Everything I've done so far:

DO NOT ring the left speaker with the POD, with the computer card if
With headphones if they sound
I have connected the speakers to the headphone input and the left one does not sound either

I have connected some small computer speakers with their own wiring to the L and R input of the POD and they do sound through the 2 channels!

I have replaced the audio cable with a new one and it does not sound therefore it is not the cable

So what is it ? I can't think of anything else to prove, will POD have a strange anomaly? because with the small speakers if the 2 channels sound?

14 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

Is there anything related to the signal of each channel within the POD menus?

I have not found it I think it is all menus of the amplis and other

The only POD settings that regulate globally the 2 outputs LEFT and RIGHT are those found in the mixer block in the chain, i.e. the volume and pan controls of each of the 2 channels.
But in any case, those settings always have the same effect on both the headphones output and the standard outputs, so there should be no difference between their behaviors (unless there is an hardware failure in one of the above outputs).

However you said previously that you tested the headphones output with headphones and it worked fine,  you tested the headphones output also with small computer speakers with their own wiring and it worked fine, so we can be 100% sure that the headphones output is perfectly working. Hope you agree with what just said..

In a previous post you said that you wanted to try the suggested connection between the headphone output and your monitors with a Y cable (1 stereo to 2 mono), but you did not (or at least you did not report it here) and you used instead a 1-stereo-to-2-mono adapter and supposedly 2 normal jack mono cables, and it didn't work as expected.

Summing up the various experiments carried out so far and based on what you have reported (and giving for granted that the jack cables are ok), I would say that there are only two possible suspects left: the adapter (most likely), or the monitor. One of those two things must be defective, ie the real culprit.

Good luck!

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I have already checked the monitors for the headphone output but not with a Y cable, because the headphone input is a stereo input.
My monitors have a stereo mini-jack input and that cable at the other end has 2 mono jack, which I already tried to connect through the headphone jack with the corresponding adapter because I can't put the 2 mono jack into the headphone jack. And it didn't work as you say.

The small speakers also connect them to the L and R of the POD and the 2 sounded, so we might think that it is the speaker that is wrong, but also connect a CD player directly to the monitors and the 2 sounded good

What adapter do you mean as guilty? I don't use any adapter the jack goes to L and R directly without any adapter.

I have already replaced both the L and R cable and the cable that goes from one monitor to another and remains the same so it is not a cable

Thanks for the help I know it's crazy, if at least I knew exactly what is wrong but at this point after all the tests I no longer find any logic.

31 minutes ago, Guitarlogic said:

My monitors have a stereo mini-jack input and that cable at the other end has 2 mono jack, which I already tried to connect through the headphone jack with the corresponding adapter

On 2/25/2020 at 8:56 PM, Guitarlogic said:

31 minutes ago, Guitarlogic said:

What adapter do you mean as guilty?

...This one:

51iCVHWZ+WL._SY355_.jpg

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Well I know what it is, my behringer ms 40 monitors have 2 lines and one of them the one I had connected to the POD because it broke down but the one that was connected to the computer works perfectly, so what I have done is connect the POD to the line that works and so I can play and record.

I had it in front of me all this time !! but it was outdated! Finally it's over

Thank you very much for your help and patience
friend  hurghanico

4 hours ago, Guitarlogic said:

2 lines and one of them the one I had connected to the POD because it broke down but the one that was connected to the computer works perfectly,

You're welcome..

I'm glad that the problem has been solved..
this confirms that it was due to one of the things connected in series to the POD as I thought

it happens that the real cause of a problem is due to something that is taken for granted..
We learn from our mistakes.

Happy playing and recording with your POD

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips