Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem reamping - Only works on path 2

porky_pie

I am trying to reamp a track through Helix from Reaper.  I have recorded the dry track that I want to reamp, and set the output track to be USB 3/4.  On Helix, when I set the input on path 1 to be USB 3/4, i get no signal going through.  However, if I set the input to USB 3/4 on path 2, it works as expected.

Any ideas on where I would find the settings to change this, or any tips for obvious steps I may have missed?  I'm ready to feel like a fool for missing the obvious...

The output block on path 2 is set to multi and the output block on path 1 is to path 2, which is how I want it to be, I think.

I need the signal to come from reaper, run through the signal chain on path 1, run through path 2 and out, so I thought I'd need input block on path 1 to be USB 3/4 (The output track on Reaper), output block on path 1 to lead to path 2, then output block on path 2 to return to Reaper. 

The above makes sense to me, but I receive no dry track from Reaper so something must be amiss. If I have path 2 input as USB 3/4, then it works, but obviously the signal does not go through path 1.

If the recorded Dry track's hardware output is set to 3/4, and path 1 input is set to USB 3/4, with path 2 output set to multi, it should work. I just tried it and it worked fine. Can't see any reason why path 2 should work, but not path 1.

3 minutes ago, porky_pie said:

Thanks for looking at this and trying to help, I appreciate it - I have just restarted the computer to screenshot what I did, and it now works!  I've changed absolutely nothing, so not quite sure what happened there.

Gremlins!