Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

App Loses Connection With Amp

krisreese

I don't multitask, I use a iPad for the Amplifi, and a PC for sheetmusic. The thing should simply do what was promised and that is that. Professional or non-professional my lollipop! 

If you sell a product it should do what you promise. Period. 

It is what it is. Amplifi 150 or 75 is an excellent device for playback of MP3's to play along with your guitar for practice or NON professional entertainment. The Bluetooth connectivity problem that has existed since day 1 of Amplifi will more than likely NEVER BE FIXED. Not because of Line 6 but because of the unstable nature of Bluetooth. I only playback music on the Amplifi through a wired connection to Aux input from my Ipad. I also use my Android tablet to control the Amplifi and use nothing else on the tablet. Yes I use two devices.. one for sheet music and MP3 playback and another to contol the Amplifi. If you attempt multitasking on any device controlling the Amplifi...IT WILL ALWAYS disconnect.

You can not use any other app on your IOS or Android device if you are using the Amplifi App to control the Amplifi. Multitasking DOES NOT WORK with the Amplifi app. IT IS WHAT IT IS AND NOTHING MORE. A great sounding amp for practice not intended for professional use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Try disabling the iOS keyboard and locking sound under Settings.  I just bought an Amplifi and was having similar problems.  I turned off the keyboard and locking sounds and have not had a problem since.  My original post was under different topic (see link below). 

http://line6.com/support/topic/12778-amplifi-150-data-connection-continuing-issues/?p=113862  

I hope this helps you and others having connection issues.

• Upvote 1

Was getting disconnects today, even with click sounds disabled.  Seemed to disconnect every time I changed songs and autoloaded another tone.  I disabled autoload of tones and now it's stable AND I can load tones manually.  Way too many workarounds.  Hopefully line6 QA gets it together.

Hi there, I thought I would add my voice to this as there does not seem to be any definitive answers coming from Line 6.

I have a FX100 pedal board and regularly check to see that  I have the latest software (does not seem to have been many updates in the last 6 months)

I use an iPhone 6 or an older ipad and experience the same problems with dropout of the control side or editor. I have done pretty much all the things suggested in the post before without success. When I run the app, and no other app, I get the connection and can select and edit tones at will, however as soon as I start to play music through the app at the same time the connection to the FX100 is dropped and I can no longer edit. I have to turn off and reconnect to the Bluetooth and start again to get the editor working.  Line6 please help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK so are we going to have to start calling in to tech support with this issue?

If we decide to do that why do we not try to coordinate it where everyone that has an issue with Bluetooth connectivity with an Amplifi amp and it losing Bluetooth conection with an IIOS Device calls on the exc\act same day and even coordinate the time we begin calling?

Something has to get their attention?

any ideas?

OK so are we going to have to start calling in to tech support with this issue?

If we decide to do that why do we not try to coordinate it where everyone that has an issue with Bluetooth connectivity with an Amplifi amp and it losing Bluetooth conection with an IIOS Device calls on the exc\act same day and even coordinate the time we begin calling?

Something has to get their attention?

any ideas?

All they're going to tell you is that they're working on a new firmware version that will address the connection issues.  And when you ask them when it will be available all they'll tell you is that they're working on it and don't have a release date yet.

I've called a few times and that's the only answer I ever get.

I was Selected at Radom to be able to eTEST it and see, it is not Official yet!, but so far so good! I played for a couple of hours and it was fine, then this morning i also just picked up my I pad and it was still in the Amplify App, and turned Amplify on and it connected right away!, so that's a big difference!, I also selected about a bunch of music and no drops!, and also selected from my saved Tones, no drops, so I am very pleased... I am not allowed to hand it out to people either, as it is just a test run, they want to cure any faults. And they won't hand it out...but should be this week! 

That is just very strange to me.

Not that you can't hand out the beta, that's obvious, but that a beta is not provided for users to test.

They even have a beta checkbox on the downloads page. All they need is the obligatory "hey dummy if you download this its at your own risk" statement.

My job in IT requires me to beta a lot of product from servers to O/S's and I even beta workstation code at home.

I even beta amp modeling software on iPad. We have numerous users in this very forum the do IOS beta testing. Sorry, I just don't get it.

On the positive side, it is really good to hear that your testing is going along smoothly and I for one really appreciate your feedback to the forum.

Thank you  

Yeh , I hear you, I think it's just because they did not want to brick someone's amp..and I agreed to take the risk, as I was returning it anyway..and they agreed to help me get a refund. Now I am keeping it cause it finally works....it's about time...

They now say it's going good it'll come out this week...

I was Selected at Radom to be able to eTEST it and see, it is not Official yet!, but so far so good! I played for a couple of hours and it was fine, then this morning i also just picked up my I pad and it was still in the Amplify App, and turned Amplify on and it connected right away!, so that's a big difference!, I also selected about a bunch of music and no drops!, and also selected from my saved Tones, no drops, so I am very pleased... I am not allowed to hand it out to people either, as it is just a test run, they want to cure any faults. And they won't hand it out...but should be this week! 

This is pretty much how it's worked for me since the last app update.

Guys, I'm sorry to say that at the last minute, another bug was found, blocking the release. I am monitoring QA's progress with resolving it so I can let you know when we have a green light to post the update. So, so sorry for this delay, and thanks for your patience. We're almost there.

Line 6, where is the update??? Please at least let us know for how many times more should we wait....At least give us the status...tell us something, please communicate!!! Is that really that diffcult to treat properly the costumers, unbealivable...

Irazafim,

if you ever programed, it's practically impossible to give "A Date" when it will be done, as problems arise all of the time while just programming a simple database even, you never know what's going to pop up next so to speak..

I know it sucks also, cause everyone needs that update...but it's only been 3 days since they said that they had a problem with releasing it..but date's are not practical. 

I do believe though they dropped the ball on the updates, and hopefully they learned a lesson thru all of this not to do that again..or whoever they hired needs to get their act together in making this software...and if they don't get it now, they need to hire someone else..

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your patience, guys. We just released an update that should greatly help with Bluetooth connectivity. This release is for all versions of AMPLIFi: 75, 150, TT and FX100.

AMPLIFi Firmware 2.50.2 is a free firmware update that includes fixes and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all AMPLIFi users perform this update!

AMPLIFi Remote 2.13 or greater is required for use with this firmware. Please update your AMPLIFi remote app on iOS or Android before upgrading to this version of firmware.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected AMPLIFi to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. PC users will need to install the AMPLIFi device driver. Line 6 Updater application and drivers may be downloaded here: title="External link">http://line6.com/software/

New Feature:

"Assign to Pedal" support allows you to use the built-in pedal on FBV Shortboard and FBV Express to control parameters assigned to the FX Knob. These parameters are assigned by pressing and holding on the desired parameter in the AMPLIFi Remote app.

Bug Fixes:
-Improved Bluetooth connection stability and reconnect behavior
-Other minor bug fixes and optimizations

I am in a worse situation since the update than before. Making the Bluetooth connection is a nightmare. It needs several attempts on both my phone and kindle. I have reinstalled both firmware and remote app and its still the same. When I do eventually get connected I can play music ok but as soon as I open the Ampli app the Bluetooth connection is terminated.

I have had to install an older firmware version but that gives me the Bluetooth dropout issues. I am so fed up with this now and don't see myself ever buying a line6 product again. I feel sorry for the guys that are beginners. What kind of impression is it going to give them of line6 products.

Line6 if you can't solve the issues with this amp then you should be looking at ways to compensate us. Is it not maybe the case that you released this product without proper testing and that the issues simply cannot be fixed without a redesign. It's not as if the issues are new. This has been going on since its inception.

I have Amplifi 150 just updated to firmware 2.50.2, I'm using iPad 4 running iOS 9.1 (updated last week) and running Amplifi Remote 2.50.2 (not sure when that updated) but the Amplifi Remote app will not connect with amp! Never had that problem before.

In iOS bluetooth settings it clearly shows connected to Amplifi and the bluetooth light on Amplifi is steady not flashing, when I open the it gets to the red screen then shuts down. The app reopens OK, is still connected in iOS settings and bluetooth indicator still steady on amp, but at the bottom of Amplifi Remote it says 'Device Not Connected' and sure enough the app has no control over the amp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, toggled bluetooth on and off, powered off both devices and restarted several times all with the same result. Bluetooth has never been perfect but was always usable not beeing a gigging musician the shortcomings never bothered me that much, but now with no editability through the app - I am not a happy bunny!

Anyone else with this problem? And is there a solution?

Thanks

Well after almost 2 years of banging head on wall with amplifi 150 with blue tooth connection and drop outs with FBV SHORT BOARD and almost selling amp. The new update is working great with no drop outs so far. I love this amp and now that it's working as intended I love it more. Long wait for fix. But thanks line6

Agree with many people - just updated Amplifi75 to the new firmware and can't connect worth a damn.  Created new BT connection, have power cycled and rebooted everything a dozen times.  Nothing.  My amp has no interface now.  Sucks.

update - so, I can get BT connection, the app sync's, then it goes to No Connection.  I have no way of using the app controls.  I've had this thing for a while now and it's never been stable or usable without hours of tinkering and screwing around with it.  Very disappointing and a distraction from music.  

Damn... the crazy thing is that it's streaming bluetooth audio fine.  So, it's definitely connected, the app just flat out doesn't work.