Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

App Loses Connection With Amp

krisreese

then remove the app, download from the appstore and try again.... step 1 anyway... :)

(if you havent already tried it....)

Damn... the crazy thing is that it's streaming bluetooth audio fine.  So, it's definitely connected, the app just flat out doesn't work.

I am having one hell of a time today also. Never has worked well since i bought it. (just updated the firmware last week so i know it's updated). Mine does the same... connects fine via airplay, my phone says connected, amplifi app says "device not connected"... so, you have an app that lies

It's not only Bluetooth. My Amplifi 150 continuously cuts out on any music source, guitar, bluetooth, usb. It cuts out every few seconds randomly and then comes back on. Very annoying and extremely disappointing considering how this product was touted as such a breakthrough. I've opened a service ticket but am not hearing back from line six even after the promised 3 business days. Nice customer service guys. Not a happy customer! Please make me happy again and not regret this, and any future, line 6 purchases

It's not only Bluetooth. My Amplifi 150 continuously cuts out on any music source, guitar, bluetooth, usb. It cuts out every few seconds randomly and then comes back on. Very annoying and extremely disappointing considering how this product was touted as such a breakthrough. I've opened a service ticket but am not hearing back from line six even after the promised 3 business days. Nice customer service guys. Not a happy customer! Please make me happy again and not regret this, and any future, line 6 purchases

That is because you have announcements coming thru your IOS device, set them to do not disturb, and that should help. 

I don't think it has to do with annoncements. If I connect my laptop via USB just to play my itunes music collection it still keeps cutting out. Same with bluetooth. If it's something simple that I am missing I'd love to be enlightened!

What type of laptop do you have? MAC? if so they come over that also..

michaelawalker.  I am using a Mac laptop but it's only a music source that is either bluetoothed or USB'd to the Amplifi unit.  There is no Amplifi App on the laptop so no issue with notifications.  So while I'm playing music from my iTunes collection it cuts in and out constantly.  If I plug in my guitar it does the same thing.  Very annoying.  I did get a response back from Line 6 suggesting I bring the unit in to the service centre.  Naturally it's out of warranty now but I am getting the impression from reading these comments as well as other forums that these units are problematic.  The lack of support on the software updates as well as the dropping of the ball on IOS updates is worrisome. 

bumpfish.  It sounds like you are having similar issues to what I am having.  Tell me, when it cuts out, do the four lights on the top of the unit all flash at the same time for a few seconds then the unit resets back on?  That's what I'm experiencing.  Like someone pulling the plug out and in randomly. 

michaelawalker.  I am using a Mac laptop but it's only a music source that is either bluetoothed or USB'd to the Amplifi unit.  There is no Amplifi App on the laptop so no issue with notifications.  So while I'm playing music from my iTunes collection it cuts in and out constantly.  If I plug in my guitar it does the same thing.  Very annoying.  I did get a response back from Line 6 suggesting I bring the unit in to the service centre.  Naturally it's out of warranty now but I am getting the impression from reading these comments as well as other forums that these units are problematic.  The lack of support on the software updates as well as the dropping of the ball on IOS updates is worrisome. 

Well for one, why are you playing it through your Mac? why not use an iPad of iPhone like it's meant to be? 

Now the difference between a Mac and an iPad and iPhone is that Mac has Bluetooth 4.0LE  even if it's a newer one, (low energy). Not enough power to handle the data flow..they did this to save power...No way to change it either.. thus the iPad and iPhone Standard Bluetooth 4.0 (Higher Energy Output) , thus it might be why yours cuts out's..

older mac's you could swap out the Bluetooth..and change that...

Michaelawalker. Thanks for the suggestions. I only used the laptop for music playback because the iPad Bluetooth connection was cutting out. I've even tried a direct USB cable from the laptop to the Amplifi and it still cuts out. The laptop is an older one and running Yosemite.

Michaelawalker. Thanks for the suggestions. I only used the laptop for music playback because the iPad Bluetooth connection was cutting out. I've even tried a direct USB cable from the laptop to the Amplifi and it still cuts out. The laptop is an older one and running Yosemite.

Well I tried!! lol ..I wonder if it's a lose speaker connection? like vibration makes it do that maybe? possibility..

I appreciate your efforts. I should probably check for loose connections before driving to Pickering to take the unit for service. I'm not sure that would explain the flashing lights on cut off like its resetting itself. Its a mystery. Thanks again for your ideas.

I'm really getting to the end of my tether now , doing everything suggested , everything updated , uninstalled, reinstalled, every combination of powering up the amp and app you can think of .And even with this latest update promising that Bluetooth connectivity has been addressed I'm still not able to use the amp as it was advertised to us .

Yes it works great if I want to play my iTunes library , and to be fair for about 2 minutes once I'm using the Amplifi app , but then it's back to lost connections , not loading tones , audio drop out .

I'm a guitarist , I bought this product to use with a guitar , and after all this time , all these updates , line6 still haven't delivered a product that allows me to do that as promised .

Anybody want to buy an Amplifi 75 , cheap ?

I'm really getting to the end of my tether now , doing everything suggested , everything updated , uninstalled, reinstalled, every combination of powering up the amp and app you can think of .And even with this latest update promising that Bluetooth connectivity has been addressed I'm still not able to use the amp as it was advertised to us .

Yes it works great if I want to play my iTunes library , and to be fair for about 2 minutes once I'm using the Amplifi app , but then it's back to lost connections , not loading tones , audio drop out .

I'm a guitarist , I bought this product to use with a guitar , and after all this time , all these updates , line6 still haven't delivered a product that allows me to do that as promised .

Anybody want to buy an Amplifi 75 , cheap 

Send me or post a Screen Shot of the lost connection? also what are you using for the app iOS or android? and what iPad or phone and which one? mine is working fine I have a 150...most are now, so it don't make sense...

Amplifi 150 up to date firmware, android 5.1.1

I too have pretty bad connection loss thru Bluetooth. I did some research on my own and found a few things. Streaming from Pandora radio had the worse drops, play music was not much better, YouTube was the best with only 1-2 drops per song (some songs had zero drops) and overall much more reliable connection while walking around.

Another thing I found interesting was anytime I had music playing thru a different app and just opened YouTube the volume level would drop (muted a bit kind of like a notification came in) but would not restore to the previous volume until I paused and then restarted the music.

So if I could only use YouTube then these issues almost wouldn't matter but obviously that is not the case. Hopefully this continues to get addressed because it is still unacceptable at this point.

Send me or post a Screen Shot of the lost connection? also what are you using for the app iOS or android? and what iPad or phone and which one? mine is working fine I have a 150...most are now, so it don't make sense...

Don't know how to do screen shots , but in the app at the bottom it comes up with the lost connection message , the guitar can still be played but using the tone last loaded , any new tones selected or suggested and loaded by the app don't work . You can still hear the song playing all be it with drop outs .

I'm using iPad 3 and a Samsung S6 both with the latest operating updates installed , the S6 works slightly better than the IPad and can last 3 or 4 songs before the problems start . The iPad usually loses it connection after one or two , or if I try to select a different suggested tone .

Just going to try reinstalling everything from scratch again , did the factory reset after updating the hardware but the problem came back immediately so if this doesn't work I don't know .

Sorted , I think , well it's certainly a lot better than it was as not had any losses or connection issues since doing the following .

First off deleted the app from iPad , then did a factory reset on amp , then reinstalled the app , switched on amp ,paired the Bluetooth (also deleted other devices my iPad can pair with) . Opened the app and went into settings . The latest update was showing as not carried out so did the update then factory reset the amp . Now fingers crossed everything seems to be working perfect .

Don't know if the initial factory reset cleared the last update , or if when I'd done the update about a week ago , it hadn't worked ( even though at the time it said it had and was no longer showing in the settings ) but for whatever the reason installing it again seems to have done the trick . Offer of a cheap Amplifi removed .

Don't know how to do screen shots , but in the app at the bottom it comes up with the lost connection message , the guitar can still be played but using the tone last loaded , any new tones selected or suggested and loaded by the app don't work . You can still hear the song playing all be it with drop outs .

I'm using iPad 3 and a Samsung S6 both with the latest operating updates installed , the S6 works slightly better than the IPad and can last 3 or 4 songs before the problems start . The iPad usually loses it connection after one or two , or if I try to select a different suggested tone .

Just going to try reinstalling everything from scratch again , did the factory reset after updating the hardware but the problem came back immediately so if this doesn't work I don't know .

Probably did not get the update on correctly, thats what it sounded like, cause it was doing the something as the old firmware, should be fine now, power button and home button does screen shots that end up in your photos..or camera roll

• 2 months later...

Line6 should turn its attention to tone preset storing system. As it seems to me after I have tried all sugessions, some tones presets, that stored in cloud, during uploading to device in 100% occasions leads to lost connection. I think that for unknown reasons tone preset may be corrupted during upload/download/editing or changing Amplifi Remote version.

For example you can try preset with name "OS Riff1" in My Tones of my account. It always leads to drop remote App connection.

• 1 month later...

Hi after hours of trying i have found the option in my phone witch fix the Problem.

Hardware:

Amplifi 75

Android Phone Huawei P8

Problem:

Only Mediaplayer works

Fix:

Open Bluetooth option from the Amplifi in your Phone and Turn option "Media Audio" in Profies ON

After this all Problems are gone

Hope it will Help you too

• 2 months later...

In spite of Amplifi's claims that they have fixed the bluetooth problems it does not seem to be the case with the Amplifi 30. I had an iPad Air which was very difficult to get connected but that I finally got working by streaming music before I launched the app. That iPad just got stolen so I now have a new iPad Pro 9.7. For the life of me I can't get the app to connect and have tried all the troubleshooting steps multiple times. Really cool product when it works but it is just so difficult to get working that I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it. The bluetooth problems that you read about are definitely not fixed.

• 3 months later...

i bought a Amplify TT today and following your step to update my TT to newest firmware.
But it still shown "device not connected" on my iPad pro. (bluetooth is already connected)

Please give me a feedback to solve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you very much. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same thing with bluetooth dropout issues, the ios app crashing and restarting, or crashing half way through a song (ugggghh!), and the app still shows "Device Not Connected" when it is actually connected. This is a great setup to use with my Trio and also use with Player to play along, but would never, ever, ever use this in a live or studio situation. The tones and tone control are awesome, but the ios app technology and exclusive bluetooth connectivity issue make this a product that I will no longer recommend. The best thing Line 6 can do to make this a real good setup is to make an alternative PC and MAC application that can control the amp/FBV MkII footswitch. That is what is missing here and sad that Line 6 could not figure that out two or three years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's years later and the bluetooth sync is still garbage to me.  Does anyone really get a consistent experience with this amp?  Honest question.  I'm ULTRA disappointed with it b/c I like what it "should" do... and on occasion it delivers (temporarily)... but really hate what it "does" 99% of the time.

Seeing all of you saying, "it's great... but.. there's problems so I could never really use it live" or seeing 2016 posts with "bluetooth drops a few times per song" is disheartening.

Does anyone have a consistent setup that works?  Something they can duplicate?

• 2 weeks later...

It's years later and the bluetooth sync is still garbage to me.  Does anyone really get a consistent experience with this amp?  Honest question.  I'm ULTRA disappointed with it b/c I like what it "should" do... and on occasion it delivers (temporarily)... but really hate what it "does" 99% of the time.

Seeing all of you saying, "it's great... but.. there's problems so I could never really use it live" or seeing 2016 posts with "bluetooth drops a few times per song" is disheartening.

Does anyone have a consistent setup that works?  Something they can duplicate?

I don't have any Bluetooth issues, here are my tips:

Make sure NO other device is paired to the amp, Unpair and turn off BT for any other device besides the the one you want to pair.

Go into the 'pair' screen of the app, make sure your amp is on, and select it to pair.

If your BT indicator on the AMP is blinking SLOWLY, hold the button for several seconds. You want the blinking light to be blinking FAST, or just staying on. If it turns off, or blinks slowly, let go of it, and hold it again for a few seconds. 

This consistently works for me, and I have had no disconnection errors, unless I closed the app or something similar. Usually it will give me the error message a few times, before loading for a longer time, and once it has been loading for a few seconds, I know it will pair. I sometimes open up the menu from the side, just to see and confirm it is pairing.

Let me know if this helps you

• 8 months later...

I have the Line 6 Amplifi 150, and generally, my problem occurs when I go to select one of my personally created tones and try to save it on to the hardware. Since the last update, it allowed me to save one of my commonly used tones onto the hardware, but everytime I try to save another or even just select a different tone from the app, the app loses connection with the amp. I have the newest version of the app and for some reason, I can't seem to download the 2.6 update for the amp itself. I would say I've been trying to deal with this problem for nearly two years, but now it's gotten to the point where I get an error message telling me that it could not save the tone when I attempt to save a tone to the hardware.

Any tips or tricks on how to fix this? Can't really afford to throw away $500 to get something else that'll actually work.

• 1 year later...

I down loaded the line 6 updater and the driver for the amplifi 75. I updated the amp and paired with my asus memo pad but after i launch the amplifi remote the following message appears " AMPLIFI Remote has lost its data connection to the device".
Although they are sill paired if i check in the bluetooth options. 

Here is what is tryed:
I deleted everything and instaled again :(line 6 updater, driver, amplifi patches one by one, amplifi remote)

I have no idea what should i do. I would be gratefull if some one could help me.

After over 4 years owning my AMPLIFi I am continuously frustrated by it. An amp shouldn’t make you not want to play. Either it doesn’t connect to Bluetooth or the app randomly forgets my sign on. Then there are times that cloud access isn’t available for some random reason. This is a great concept but I wish they would spend time making this product usable 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2014 at 9:46 AM, krisreese said:

I went out and bought the 75 watt version today. I was there asking about it before Guitar Center was even able to unpack their delivery. I played with it for long enough in the store to see that virtualpalomarwest.org/sizegenetics-review/ sizegenetics review I wanted it. I got it home this evening and started checking out every amp and effect one by one. When I got to the Mod effects I noticed that when I changed effects, nothing was happening sound wise. I am using an iPhone 5S ios 7.0.4. I made sure all apps were closed and tried again and still the effects were not changing. I did a hard reboot on the phone and picked up where I left off. After making a few changes, the sounds stopped changing. I started poking around the app and found that it said it was not connected to the amp. I checked the bluetooth connections in the phone and it said it was connected to the amp. I opened up the music app on my phone and started a song and it was playing through the amp which proved the phone was synced to the amp. Problem is that even though the connection between the phone and amp appeared to be solid, the app would lose connection with the amp. Doesn't make sense unless there is a bug in the app.

I will say that the amp sounded great, as long as it was working properly. I even ran an 8 string through it and the 8 inch speaker handled it without a problem and it didn't sound muddy at all. I didn't crank it, but at a low volume it sounds great.

This was my one fear with this amp. If you have problems with the app, you are dead in the water other than the 4 presets that are in the amp itself.

Its a bug dear. 

• 1 month later...