Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sending a signal to FOH and amp with different blocks.

alexbass08

I'm looking at getting a Helix for my bass in live situations and I'm wondering if it's possible to split the signal path and assign it to different outputs? I'd be looking at sending a signal to the FOH with amp and cab sim blocks via the mono XLR out but then splitting the signal before the amp and cab sims to be sent to the on stage amp for monitoring via the mono 1/4 jack output. Is this sort of set up possible?

Reason for the split is that not every venue has a monitor for the drummer and I prefer having guitar and vocals in front of me and my bass coming from behind.

Your main signal path is called 1A (unless the 1A Output block is assigned to 2A). Pull the amp and cab sims down into a path 1B (or 2B). At the point where 1B (or 2B) merges back into 1A (or 2A), pull the merge point down so there's two Output Blocks.

Assign them as required.