Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp external FS visual indication for boost

ribribeiro

Hi,

I'm thinking it would be useful to have an external pedal used for boosting the volume whenever needed. So I could assign it to the volume of the output patch or something (I want a pure clean boost).

Without wasting any blocks (my presets are generally full already), can anyone think of a way to visualize that the external footswitch is on? I'm thinking if I can assign it to the output volume and also some color setting or something like that, then I will know it's on. I just don't know of any visual setting that can be changed with FS 4/5.

Thanks a lot!

The Stomp has no way to power an LED through that jack, so you'd need a footswitch with its own power supply. The Boss FS-6 or FS-7 would do that. The main potential issue with that is that if you change presets or snapshots while the footswitch's LED is lit, it would be easy for things to get misaligned.

Thanks. What I meant was changing something in the Stomp display. Like if I could change something that's getting displayed (say change a color or something), then I'd know the pedal is on.

External footswitches need to be momentary anyway, so having an LED on them would be tricky. Also because of what you said.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ribribeiro said:

Thanks. What I meant was changing something in the Stomp display. Like if I could change something that's getting displayed (say change a color or something), then I'd know the pedal is on.

External footswitches need to be momentary anyway, so having an LED on them would be tricky. Also because of what you said.

Thanks!

Well, the color of the block in the little signal flow on the top part of the screen does change in Play View. It's small enough, though, that it's probably not all that helpful.

image.png.9f14093bcc2653fb619ea75fbe38c60e.png

• 3 years later...