Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

output from stomp into a boss katana amp

kaybee64

Just got the stomp and have tried running it into the boss Katana  100 212  direct and 4cm  tones are worse than the amp put out stand alone  i must be missing something  anyone have an idea what  might be causing this  i am new to this so please be kind  all the patches i have tried sound  really poor amp is set on acoustic or clean  with all eq and prescence at 12o clock 

Wiring:

Guitar>Helix Input>Effects>FX Loop L Block>Helix Send L (TIP)>Amp Input>Amp FX Loop Send>Helix Return L/MONO>Effects>Helix Left/Mono Out>Amp FX Loop Return

Attached is a sample preset. FS2 switches between the Katana Preamp (LED lit), and the Stomp JTM45 Amp+Cab. You can experiment with A+C, Amp only, and Preamp. Different amp models will give different sounds. I chose A+C because when I had a Katana, I found that this sounded best. YMMV.

kaybee64.hlx

• 2 months later...