Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rename HX Stomp Snapshots - Yes, here's how

kresner

If you are obsessed with renaming HX Stomp Snapshots so they actually mean something .... or ... you're determined to outwit whoever decided this wasn't important for HX Stomp users, but for Helix Floor users - "yes, we'll let you rename snapshots" ... or ....

After a "bit" of trial & error (.hlx file scheme is a bit wonky!), I've deciphered how to do this ... it's easy (ish)

To help you out, I've attached an "rtf" format file as an example. To check out the rtf file you'll need a text editor that supports this common format.

It's rtf format so I could HIGHLIGHT AND BOLD IN RED where the snapshot names are, along with the preset name that will be displayed in HX Edit on the Stomp.

Also attached is the .hlx file with renamed snapshots if you want to import it into HX Edit for reference.

• You will have to export each preset you want to rename the snapshots for
  • You will have to use a basic text editor to edit each .hlx file
  • There are restrictions on how many characters in a snapshot and preset name, the attached sample file contains the max number of characters that will be displayed in HX Edit or on the Stomp
  • Order of snapshots in the .hlx file DOES NOT match order of snapshots as seen in HX Edit  i.e. "Snapshot 2" in HX Edit is not second snapshot you'll come across in the .hlx file

How To:

1. Open the .hlx file in your text editor
  2. Find/replace the snapshot names and/or the preset name, using the attached files as a guide
  3. Save file, keeping .hlx extension
  4. Import .hlx file into HX Edit
  5. Done!

Cheers!

Ken

2CH 2Guitars Template.hlx 2CH 2Guitars Template colors.rtf

• Like 2

18 hours ago, robbieb61 said:

Got that done. Now my question is:  How do I make the name of the Snapshots display on the HX screen instead of the name of the Preset?

Anybody? 
I'd love to be able to see the name of the snapshot on the display of the HX Stomp. You know: Crunch, Lead, Clean for instance instead of just the preset name (which I don't need) and the snapshot "number"
I could use just the Preset number along with the Snapshot Name on the Stomp display. That makes a whole lot more sense for use in a live setting onstage.

9 hours ago, robbieb61 said:

Anybody? 
I'd love to be able to see the name of the snapshot on the display of the HX Stomp. You know: Crunch, Lead, Clean for instance instead of just the preset name (which I don't need) and the snapshot "number"
I could use just the Preset number along with the Snapshot Name on the Stomp display. That makes a whole lot more sense for use in a live setting onstage.

Thats a great idea and would be useful. I think it would require a re-write of code for HX Edit and/or Stomp ... not a trivial task.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kresner said:

Thats a great idea and would be useful. I think it would require a re-write of code for HX Edit and/or Stomp ... not a trivial task.

Ugh...I was hoping to be able to make that happen. :(
Sounds like it would require buying a midi controller that has the ability to name the snapshots on it's screen instead. Kinda makes the portability of the HX Stomp lose it's appeal if I have to add another floorboard. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...