Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone Order This Amp Yet? I Am So On The Fence...

FTLOSM

I watched a few namm videos and the Andertons video of this amp and it's got me so interested, just waiting for some real user videos reivews on youtube or here I guess.

I want to use this as a bluetooth speaker for music too so I am leaning towards the 150 thinking it has to sound more full with the larger speaker (really wish I could get a review of them side by side doing music playback with the user input on difference in bass and sound overall from the smaller vs bigger speaker etc.

I have the 150. The sound is decent but does not blow me away, probably because there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust EQ/tone for streaming music without doing it from the streaming device. Changing things on the amp or in the app only seems to affect guitar tone. No real manual available currently, so I have no idea whether that's correct/intentional or if I've just overlooked something.

It's certainly a hell of a lot louder than my other bluetooth speakers.

I have the 150. The sound is decent but does not blow me away, probably because there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust EQ/tone for streaming music without doing it from the streaming device. Changing things on the amp or in the app only seems to affect guitar tone. No real manual available currently, so I have no idea whether that's correct/intentional or if I've just overlooked something.

It's certainly a hell of a lot louder than my other bluetooth speakers.

you are correct, there is no "audio EQ" other than doing that on your bluetooth device.  The POD HD may still be great for other needs (i.e. USB recording, performance without an amp) so hang onto that until you are positive you can live without it!

Tones are nothing we haven't heard before but the cabinet is closed back and is very solidly built.. the 12" speaker is heavy duty and sounds good and holds together well as the volume is increased.  Its a good product for sure.   The iOS app is excellent and as a bluetooth speaker system it is excellent.  Considering the price, it is a great choice if your like me and have no other amp modelers or the like. 

I have the 75 and I love it. It sounded like crap at first but then I realized I had the bass boost on for smaller speakers. Turned it off, and the BT sounds a tad better than the aux in from my Win 8 laptop.. I THINK!