Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Thrice - Helix & PC+ patches

chasingMango

I saw Thrice play live on Friday in North Carolina... they played through their whole Vheissu album, it was amazing of course. I knew that the frontman Dust Kensrue played a Helix, I was delighted to see that this time around he also had a PC+ 212 he was playing through.  I knew he was taking advantage of speaker modeling because I could see the ring was lighting up two different colors.

Does anyone know if Thrice has made their Helix & PC+ patches available anywhere?

This has been posted somewhere before (perhaps on the FB group)... I know this because I am a massive Thrice fan!!!

The conclusion was 'no' they aren't available :(

I also posted a similar comment as last time saying that I think if we got Dustin's patches we may be a little (very little) disappointed. 

The great thing about Thrice is how everything sits in the mix, not just one guitar tone on its own.

Having said that, I'd download his patches in a heart beat, so here's hoping!

I thought that the fact that he was using a PC+ means his live tone is even more reproducible - if you have a PC+, which I do :)  I get what you're saying about sitting in the mix though.  It would just be fun for playing along with the track.  *edit* Also for seeing what a "professional" patch used in that genre looks like.