Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape M20D memorial.

Hi fellow Stagescape M20D fans.

I live in South Africa and the extreme heat has finally taken its toll on my M20D. It overheated and froze one too many times and died. It is a sad day indeed. My M20D got stuck in the startup mode and after many attempts to revive it, including reloading the firmware I took it to the local Line 6 distributer to get a repair quote. The feedback was grim. The M20D is discontinued and no longer support. They have tried their utmost best to help me and eventually (2 months later) informed me they have tracked the part (the HDD controller board). The shock was that it would cost  $500 to repair. The repair cost made little sense on equipment that would overheat and freeze again and ultimately break AGAIN. They even offered to sell me a new M20D at half the retail price ($926). This was insane seeing that I will buy a discontinued unit that will also overheat and freeze and ultimately break. So sadly I had to decline and bought a Soundcraft UI24R for $776.

The sad part is that I really love my M20D and still thinks it is much better that most of the unit out there, yes even better than the Soundcraft in certain aspects. So I kept the unit hoping someone would eventually come to the rescue and let me know they have a unit mostly intact which I can scavenge the HDD board from and fix the M20D or even the part I am looking for lying around and at a good price and will ship it to South Africa.

I really commend Line 6 on their efforts to make a mixer easy to use and has all the capabilities it had. Just sad it did not last long. I will really miss the M20D. So long old (untrusty) friend!

• 1 year later...