Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD magazine reviews from the late 90’s

Rowbi

Hi peeps

i need a bit of help.

back in the late 1990s when the POD bean first came out, I remember being wowed by a magazine review where the demo track was a rock riff using a rectifier amp sound from the original POD bean.  I seem to think it was 1997 or 1998 and in Guitarist or Total Guitar magazine here in the UK.

I’ve checked and confirmed that the original POD did in fact come out in 1997 so it seems logical that a demo/review would be in 1997 or 1998.

I’ve tried looking on eBay at all the monthly releases of those magazines from 97/98 but can’t see a mention on the CD or magazine front covers but I would like to buy the month with the demo - as I recall it was a bit of a revelation to me as a teenage guitarist.

does anyone have this actual magazine and can confirm what year/month it was so I can buy it on eBay.

thanks

Rowbi 

Total Guitar - issue 56 - May 1999

oStAU1z.jpg

LoezFOa.png

NtOoOzl.png

02-AudioTrack 02.mp3

03-AudioTrack 03.mp3

I have the full magazine above in pdf format plus all its audio tracks as mp3, if you need them let me know.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hurghanico said:

Total Guitar - issue 56 - May 1999

oStAU1z.jpg

LoezFOa.png

NtOoOzl.png

02-AudioTrack 02.mp3Unavailable

03-AudioTrack 03.mp3Unavailable

I have the full magazine above in pdf format plus all its audio tracks as mp3, if you need them let me know.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Nice 1 thanks.

i’m gonna buy a used copy anyway on eBay but thanks for sharing and offering a copy of the mp3z

cheers

Rowbi