Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Block Drive /Volume switch Problems

Randino

Hi Relativity new to Helix, I'm having problems changing Volume or Drive levels on my Helix Floor, been watching Richie Castellano and many other preform this with ease but when I assign a volume /drive change to the amp block turns the stomp switch to multiple2 but when I click on off it by passes the amp turning it off and something weird every third or 4 click it changes the volume or drive settings, one will be BYPASSED/ON  they make this look so simple but when I do it this happens. I came from running a Voodoo Valve into a Boogie power stereo amp and went too tube amp and stomp pedals a number of years ago because of the frustration and hours of wasted time tweaking and re-tweaking. I love this things; Have a Variax ,plus  cab but again find myself spending hours just trying to get the simple not so simple helix to behave like I've seen on the Vids. Helix  Floor; 4 Stomps on top; 4 Snaps on the bottom and I don't want to have another boost on a snap just want a simple volume or drive change on the Amp model stomp! Been to the manual and farted around with HX edit but only options in bypass switch are latching/momentary; the midi options and colors! I want switch ON/ON! with my changes like I've seen in the Video's but none seems to mention any setting changes or Edits just turn this do that and your home/NOT! I've upgrade from 2.3 to the 2.82 what am I over looking???

OK Found it! Guess when I originally saved the Amp to Stomp switch 5  so I went and made a drive control change but switch 5 displays multiple 2 but that just toggles bypass on and off.

So in HX edit I selected drive for the amp and set the parameters and it worked but still bypassed on and off until i realized there were two assignments my original amp assignment and  the drive so I had right click on the original Amp assignment and clear it /delete so that only the drive assignment was there and it worked the switch says drive not multiple 2! Without HX edit I wouldn't of found it! The Video's made it look so easy but not so; Press a button set parameters and save! Ha! Ha! Would have been nice if one of them clued you in on the bypass assignment functions would have saved me hours of frustration. Nobody's fault but mine trying to glean for shortcuts but sometime you have to just put the time in! Also the manual wasn't very helpful I read over the bypass assignments .