Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Run 2 Independent Set-Ups - off one Helix?

cr500guy

I’ve had the HD500 in the past and really loved it running to monitors. I used it for amp/cab model/effects patches. But I’ve always had a separate amp and pedal board. Currently I have an EVH amp and HX Effects with the 4 cable method.

My question... is it possible  to run both setups off of one Helix? 

So in other words if I was in the mood to play through dual monitors a Pink Floyd patch I could just turn on the Helix and go to the specific Banks with those amp/cab/fx patches.

OR...

If I’m in the mood to play through my EVH amp with banks loaded with patches of effects using the 4 cable method, I could do that.

Is this possible? If it is I will sell my HX Effects and purchase a Helix and just run both setups.

Thanks in advance. :)

14 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Not only can you do both, you can combine them into a W/D/W configuration.

For max flexibility, get the Helix Floor or Rack w/control.

Download the manuals and study the routing features BEFORE purchasing.

So just to be clear. I can have my EVH Amp connected four cable method in pedal mode AND have monitors also connected and make separate patches for each? I wouldn’t have to completely disconnect my EVH amp to switch over from pedal mode to the monitors and go into Amp/cab/effects mode? 

Could I do this with the Helix LT? I just ask as it’s a little more budget friendly than the Helix Floor.

Thanks for your help btw!

You can use the 1/4 Out and the fx send/return to connect your amp. And you can connect your monitors to the XLR Outs.

In your patches you can choose the outputs you need(XLR, 1/4, Digital, Multi,...). You can also do this with the LT.

hel.thumb.jpg.8a4e808a996f93a00e498c0466df65a9.jpg