Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX - 2.82.0 UPDATE & BOOT FAILURE, BRICKED, UPDATER DOESN'T SEE DEVICE ANYMORE

michaelleuer

Hi!

Yesterday I tried to update my floor Helix to 2.82. I updated my L6 Updater, downloaded the 2.82 file, and hooked up the usb. Everything went as it should until the Helix went through the reboot. I got the "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode" message with the scrolling helix and red load line moving left to right and then stopping at the far right. There is a :-3 in the upper left (see pics)

I spent the rest of the afternoon on the Google looking for fixes. I found different things to try...different usb cables, different usb ports, etc. I even tried a different computer.

I also tried the b6/b12 safe boot and all I get is "Entered Update Mode" message, but just the message (see pic). I even tried the b5/b6 global reset and it reverts back to the "Boot Failure" message.

The problem as I can see it is this: L6 Updater doesn't recognize the Helix is there in order for me to do anything to it. Windows does, as it makes the audio alert when I plug the cable in.

I'm at a loss at this point. HELP!

20200223_133839.jpg

20200223_133801.jpg

20200223_134511.jpg

So here is a weird thing with the Helix and I've had this issue myself....try it again but in a different USB port on your computer and/or a different cable. More specifically use a USB 2.0 port. I had the same issue at one point and stumbled on a youtube video where someone said they had to do that to resolve the issue....low and behold it work. Both my Helix and PowerCab will only work for updates or using editors on the USB 2.0 ports on the back of my PC. Any on the front and any of my 3.1s on the back will not work. 

53 minutes ago, michaelleuer said:

I'm at a loss at this point. HELP!

I don’t want to be unhelpful, but as v2.82 has been available since last September and v2.80 since mid 2019, this forum has been inundated with similar issues to the one you mention. There is even a specific thread which states: 

I cannot comprehend how you spent an afternoon trawling Google and did not find this and many others detailing the possible fixes.

I really don’t want to type out all the instructions required to solve this for you because they are all available if you look, therefore I’m just going to state “ The answer is out there!”

This might be an obvious place to start!

Tough love, sir. But, I did get it back to life after looking deeper in the thread you posted. I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, but it was something with Updater (HX Edit still didn't see it). I went back to an older version of Updater (1.17) and it worked.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1