Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't install 2.82 on Mac - "Apple cannot check it for malicious software"

highline-2004

I was having some issues, my HX Effects just stopped out putting sound, this has happended before. Such a bummer this happens, and it's just out of the blue. With analog bypass on you can hear sound. So I rolled back to 2.70 and it's working again. Now when I download 2.82 on the Mac, I can't open the file.  Here's the error and screenshots:

“HX Edit.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

25 minutes ago, highline-2004 said:

I was having some issues, my HX Effects just stopped out putting sound, this has happended before. Such a bummer this happens, and it's just out of the blue. With analog bypass on you can hear sound. So I rolled back to 2.70 and it's working again. Now when I download 2.82 on the Mac, I can't open the file.  Here's the error and screenshots:

“HX Edit.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You have just encountered “The Gatekeeper” which Apple use as protection against nasty software.

It crops up on here occasionally, but don’t worry you can over ride the settings.

Full details here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

You’re not having much luck - are you really qualified to fly this thing?

• Upvote 1