Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split channels into stereo from Phones output

jakeostis

Hello.when I connect my pod hd500x via usb to pc(using it as a sound card, output sound goes to Phones output), I can hear only mono in left channel. My headphones are stereo, adater and cable too, no settings can change this behaviour. What can I do to make phones output stereo? I hear both channels in left ear, in other words this is not true mono, but stereo in one ear

Thanks

14 hours ago, jakeostis said:

when I connect my pod hd500x via usb to pc(using it as a sound card, output sound goes to Phones output), I can hear only mono in left channel

1 hour ago, jakeostis said:

why pod mixes two channels into one? i can hear both of them when editing levels of channels

If as you said above this problem happens when you use the POD as AI (and supposedly not when you use the POD alone disconnected) the problem could be due to the audio settings of your computer OS, or to the audio settings in your recording software, or to the driver not working well for some reason..

If the POD is working fine alone disconnected, I would say that the problem is not caused by it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

If you can check the L and R jack outputs connected at the same time to 2 monitors.. or connect the POD L and R jacks to an audio interface, and see if both signals are active on the respective sides.

Normally the POD automatically sums into 1 mono signal both L and R sides of the stereo signal only when just one 1/4" jack output is connected, but in any case the XLR and headphones outputs remain always stereo.

Sometimes people forget to check the mixer block pan settings which should be set one opposite of the other to get stereo.

Moreover patches corrupted or made with a different firmware version could make the POD behaving not as expected, eg you could see certain settings on screen but the results are not corresponding to them.

Eg you could see the mixer faders both up but you hear only one side of the stereo signal, then if you try to move the fader of the involuntarily muted side it starts suddenly working again as it should.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Such a strange situation. I've checked all settings in pod, updated firmware through latest monkey, but "phones" is still mono... Separated L and R outputs work as expected, but phones... I dont know what else I can try to make it work as expected. Pls tell me, do you have another ideas? 

P. S. I used only guitar in as input, and phones as output, nothing else

1 hour ago, jakeostis said:

Separated L and R outputs work as expected, but phones

Given that the L and R outputs surely work as expected (good sign on the POD side, and good starting point for further investigations) connect them to an audio interface if you have one, and then connect your headphones to the audio interface headphones output, and see if your headphones are really working fine in stereo..

If you don't have an audio interface use a Y cable (2 male mono to 1 female stereo) to make the connection between the POD jack outputs and your headphones.

The signal coming from the standard jack outputs is weaker than the one coming from the headphones output but it should still suffice to make them work especially if they are low impedance (make sure the 1/4" OUT switch near the pedal is set to LINE) so set the master volume as needed.

Any of the tests above serves to confirm if the problem is actually due to your headphones, as I strongly suspect, or to the POD headphones output.

PS.

another very simple and banal thing that you should have checked from the beginning came to mind only now: are you sure you have inserted the headphones plug all the way into the jack connector??

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips