Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching Mic on Helix

nick4god

I use my mic LIVE on acoustic gigs with the Helix and switch effects on and off for microphone in the WT singer/songwriter preset. I also use my electric guitar and when I do usually there's too many effects on the preset  to fit a mic in. How or what can I use/purchase to be able to keep mic on in mixer at the same time so I can switch between the Helix being the source of mic and effects and the mixer being the main source. There must be some box that can switch the source of the mic between the Helix and/or the Mixer without having to unplug the mic and replug it in or having to 2 separate microphones.  To make it clear, I need my mic to be available when I switch to my electric presets as well as my presets that have mic included. Would an xlr splitter be sufficient or is there a better switch box/alternative I can use so I can keep both mixer channels open for both different settings so I can instantly switch from Helix (going to mixer channel 1 for example ) to other mixer channel 2?

Edited by nick4god
added question

Gotta say that I don't understand the problem at all. But in case you want to use the same mic running into Helix' mic in, you can always route it out (to whatever target... your post is pretty unclear about that) using a send block. That way, you would lose pretty much no CPU juice and could still deal with your patches any way you want.

• Like 1

What kind of mixer are you using? If the MIC channel has an INSERT, you could use a Helix SEND/RETURN Loop to patch it in as required. Even the most basic boards usually have an FX Send/Return, so if that's not already in use you could use that.

• Like 1