Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix pitch/synth help

loxion

58 minutes ago, loxion said:
Hello to all
Could anyone explain to me the use of pitch / synth in the effects chain?
In particular, why are 3 Note Generator and 4 Osc generator not active?
Thank you
Alex

If by "not active" you mean that they're grayed out and you're unable to select them, it's because you've got too much DSP- heavy stuff in the signal chain already. Pitch-shifting algorithms always chew up a lot of processing power... all you can do is eliminate another block(s) until you free up enough juice. This is not peculiar to the pitch shifting fx... once you get close to your DSP limit, any effect block that would put you over the top will become unavailable, no matter what it is.

7 minutes ago, loxion said:

Thanks for the reply...
Can I insert pitch / synth effects anywhere in the chain?
Ideally, can I only use this type of effect, without any other type of effect, and without amps or cabs?
Thanks
Alex

They wouldn't be terribly useful if you couldn't combine them with amps, cabs, or other FX...you can put it anywhere in the chain you want, with anything else you want, as long as you don't run out of DSP. But generally speaking, pitch shifting effects work better early in the chain before the amp or any distortion FX. When I use them  it's always the first thing after the guitar.