Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor built-in Expression pedal does not go down to 0%

Melonos

Hi, I have set the Wah-pedal in my patches to be turned off when the pedal stays on position lower than 5% for more than 500ms.

But my pedal does not reach that position. Every time i lift it up totally it has positions between 6 and 12%. Reaches 0 only when I keep my foot on it pressing it down with lot of pressure. When I then release my foot, it goes again to at least 6%. The pedal itself is stiff, not loose

Is there no way to calibrate the pedal? or what could be the issue?

Thanks for your effort answering me 

I believe the self calibration is on the first use of the pedal after it is started.... so I make sure that is always a full 100% sweep!

I have no idea if this will help or not... but I always perform this ritual when I start my Helix.

• Set the pedal in the full "heel down" position on start up. (heel down without any pressure... just it's natural resting spot)
  • Once the Helix starts, rock it all the forward (toe down), then all the way back (heel down)... one time

Now load your desired preset and see how it responds. 

• Like 1

Experiment with the 500ms as well. You should be able to find a compromise setting that will allow you to use the trigger at some low value and higher timing that will let you use the very low position (down to 0%) wah effect for a duration less than the set timing.

I had similar issues on the 100% end with my LT pedal.  I have it auto-of at 97% and it would reach 100% but when I lift my foot it went to 95,96,92 etc....ultimately had to have it replaced.  If it was consistent I could work around it, but it wasn't.  No matter what I set the threshold to, it would always end up below that.  Even had auto-off set to 91% and it would still fall back that far.  

Also check to make sure that there isn't dirt/hair/dust covering the optical sensor.  I've read that can cause issues.  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello

same issue here

how did you solved it?

i found that tightening then full factory reset make the situation better but not always going back to zero which is pb with whammy…

and the heel bypass option cannot cumulated with another bypass (I need wah and whammy in my preset)