Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting HX effects to Eventide H9 Max with MIDI

Robbieconti

HI There, Im having some difficulty.... Im trying to use my HX effects to control the  H9 which is in the FX loop of the HX Effects. I can control which patch is activated but only if Im using the H9 control app oin my PC. Once disconnected I lose the capability and the midi is ignored by the H(.  I want to be able to control the H9 from the HX Effects in a live situation......   HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys

Have you connected the H9 to the HX using MIDI cables (the FX loop is irrelevant when it comes to actual MIDI control - that's just the audio route.  I have my H9's AFTER the HX to keep their stereo goodness intact). 

Have you set up the H9 to be on a specific channel and are you sending on the correct channel from the HX to the H9?  

How have you set up the PC/CC messages you want to send in the HX preset?  

It's very do-able - I have two H9's and EVERY patch on my HX selects a different patch on the H9's.

Apologies if any of the above was a bit obvious to you - if we know what you've tried at the moment and how far along the MIDI discovery path you are , we can help you from there.

David.

• 1 year later...