Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reason 10 VST host changes snapshots while I'm editing???

jclark5093

I'm using Reason 10 as my DAW, and whenever I load Helix Native, esp if I go to a user preset (a new blank slot or one of my previously made patches) I get auto patch changes even when the sequencer is not moving and no midi is being sent. Any ideas what causes this or how to prevent it?

For example, I turn off the delay and reverb at the end of my patch (bypass) to hear the pure tone so I can edit the noise gate, and while I'm tweaking and playing, the reverb turns on for no good reason, and I look up and sure enough, I'm on snapshot 2, when I DIDNT MAKE ANY SNAPSHOTS because it's a BRAND NEW PATCH?! What gives?

I'm on OS X 10.12.6 (I know, old, but still meets the requirements, and no I'm not upgrading my OS), and Reason 10.4d4. I'll check Ableton/Logic/PT but even if it *does* work normally in those, I want to use Reason as my VST host and I've never had any problems with any other plugin I've ever used (from Native Instruments, Waves, Roland, Novation, Toontrack, XLN, etc) this Line6 plug is the only thing that has ever shown such weird behavior.

Thanks!

That's spooky. And certainly weird. Is anything else running on your system, or just Reason? Also, does Reason have some sort of MIDI monitor that you can watch? Or you could run a separate MIDI monitor app on your PC to see if MIDI is coming from somewhere.