Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit .dmg won't verify on Mac.

pat_burbridge

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I just bought an hx stomp and tried to download HX edit on to my Mac. I'm using mac os mojave. Basically once the .dmg file is downloaded, when I open the file, it seems to just stall on verifying it. Line 6 gave the code for the file and said if you have problems verifying the file, download MD5 Checksum software and use that to do it instead. However, the link seems to be broken to MD5 Checksum, or the software simply doesn't exist. 

Does anyone know what I can do to sort this out?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, pat_burbridge said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I just bought an hx stomp and tried to download HX edit on to my Mac. I'm using mac os mojave. Basically once the .dmg file is downloaded, when I open the file, it seems to just stall on verifying it. Line 6 gave the code for the file and said if you have problems verifying the file, download MD5 Checksum software and use that to do it instead. However, the link seems to be broken to MD5 Checksum, or the software simply doesn't exist. 

Does anyone know what I can do to sort this out?

Thanks.

Hi,

First thing that I need to mention is, when seeking assistance from the users of this forum, it is a great help to supply as much relevant information as possible. Help us to help you.

O.K. Here we go! I’m not a Stomp owner, I have a Helix floor, but the routine is almost the same.

To clarify - You have just bought a brand new HX Stomp and you have it hooked up via USB to your Mac running Mojave. So far, so good. Now you need to install HX Edit for your unit and you have downloaded a disk image (.dmg) which appears to be corrupted. I would suggest that before you proceed is to verify the FW version that is currently installed on your hardware unit.

You need to go to Line 6 Software Downloads using either this link or by clicking on "DOWNLOADS" in the menu at the top of this page: 

https://line6.com/software/index.html

Under "-All Hardware -" select “HX Stomp”, then under "-All Software-" select "HX Edit" and then select Mac OSX from the "-All OS-" drop down menu, then click the 'GO" button. This will take you to the page where you can download the correct version of the software that you need. Scroll down to find the version that matches your Stomp, then simply click on the big blue "GET DOWNLOAD" button. Now you will be taken to the EULA page where you should then click "ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD" to complete the transfer of the software to your computer’s downloads folder. When the download is complete the checksum will be verified automatically and you should be able to launch the “.dmg” file which will install the matching HX Edit app for your model. You should now be able to launch HX Edit to make a back up of your installed presets. 

NOTE: the version number of HX Edit and the number of the Firmware must match to work correctly!

Additional note:

The Line 6 MD5 Checksum Utility is a Windows command line program, not Mac. Also, if the checksum fails - try the download again and turn off any blocker software, (i.e. Little Snitch etc.) that may be interfering with your download and installation.

Once you have a backup of your presets you may find it advisable to update your firmware to the latest version.

Here’s how.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1