Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native output is low compared to Helix Floor

jonandtice

I've been playing around with Helix Native after having the LT for a while.  I have several presets that I have dialed in on the LT to peak at around -9dB (I shoot for between -12dB and -6dB) when putting out a Line Level signal with the volume knob at 100%.  I imported the same presets into Helix native and the output from native is around -24 dB using the same guitar.  It's almost like the output from Native is behaving like my LT with 1/4" outputs set at instrument level.  Thoughts?

15 minutes ago, chasingMango said:

Can you verify that your input signal strength is the same?  What audio interface are you using for Native?

I'm using a Lexicon Alpha, using the instrument input and the trim at 12 o'clock.  Pretty sure I'm getting the same signal strength at the input.  The Native and LT presets sound identical and I perceive the volume to be the same once I increase the Native output +18dB.

I am guessing your trim setting on your interface bringing your dry guitar signal to a different level than the Helix's input... Have you tried using your Helix as an interface to get your dry guitar signal into Native?  If the problem is fixed, then you have verified the issue was with your interface... if you get the same volume drop, then its something in Native.

• Upvote 1