Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR's For power cab Just Phoned Support! Buyer beware!@

Randino

WOW! Just had a Chat with Line6 Support cause I purchased some Own/Hammer IR's specifically to load in my power cab plus; They load fine into the helix floor but after pulling my hair out for hours they wont load into P/C! P/C looking for wavs and theses are HIR's doesn't recognize them in the folder/Blank/Notta from P/C editor. Any Who! Here's the interesting thing he said that power cab was not listed as one of the Line 6 product description selling on the L6 Market place, the cab only sees  higher resolution files 48kh.

So I started to look for IR's that state they work with P/C I couldn't find one! Silly me too assume that they would work with P/C as well as my Helix.He suggest I contact Own Hammer support to find out why so I guess that's next! The whole Idea of me Purchasing the P/C was to load my IR's in the Cab so as to not over tax the DSP in the Helix! Go figure LIne6 Market doesn't sell any That I can see! 

Has anyone got IR,s Purchased from L6 Market place to load into the P/C PLus?? The Power Cab Edit is looking for wav files??

10 hours ago, Randino said:

WOW! Just had a Chat with Line6 Support cause I purchased some Own/Hammer IR's specifically to load in my power cab plus; They load fine into the helix floor but after pulling my hair out for hours they wont load into P/C! P/C looking for wavs and theses are HIR's doesn't recognize them in the folder/Blank/Notta from P/C editor. Any Who! Here's the interesting thing he said that power cab was not listed as one of the Line 6 product description selling on the L6 Market place, the cab only sees  higher resolution files 48kh.

So I started to look for IR's that state they work with P/C I couldn't find one! Silly me too assume that they would work with P/C as well as my Helix.He suggest I contact Own Hammer support to find out why so I guess that's next! The whole Idea of me Purchasing the P/C was to load my IR's in the Cab so as to not over tax the DSP in the Helix! Go figure LIne6 Market doesn't sell any That I can see! 

Has anyone got IR,s Purchased from L6 Market place to load into the P/C PLus?? The Power Cab Edit is looking for wav files??

I have a bunch of Celestion and 3Sigma IRs that I loaded up to my PC+.  You might be having some other issue or maybe there is a compatibility problem with the specific set of Ownhammer IRs you are trying to load.

On 3/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, Randino said:

he said that power cab was not listed as one of the Line 6 product description selling on the L6 Market place

On 3/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, Randino said:

Has anyone got IR,s Purchased from L6 Market place to load into the P/C PLus?

Marketplace is a proprietary format... and if L6 doesn't list the Power Cab as compatible, that pretty much says it all! 

When you buy IR's through the company that makes them, they come in a variety of formats, sample rates, etc, etc...  

When you buy IR's through Marketplace they will only work on the device they were intended! 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Randino said:

The Power Cab Edit is looking for wav files??

Looking for .wav files?

Mmm... not exactly a secret as it is mentioned in a section of the Power Cab Owner’s Manual, Page 16:

Impulse Responses
Powercab Plus systems allow you to import 128 Impulse Response (IR) files for an even greater variety of speaker cabinet models. By default, the Line 6 Allure pack of IRs is already included, and you can optionally load your choice of third-party IRs. This can be a great way to off-load some of the DSP usage from your Helix or POD device, making room for additional effects on your modeler.
Powercab Plus systems can import IRs by way of the Powercab Edit software (see next section).  It is possible to import any mono .wav file IR, provided it conforms to the compatible IR properties (48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples). 

While this is very convenient, please be careful not to load just any .wav file as an IR or you may experience unexpected sonic results. SysEx files are not supported.
When used in User IR stereo mode, the sample length is carefully truncated to 1024 samples. 

Although it mentions using an IR to off-load DSP usage, it also specifies the use of .wav files.

Rather than buyer beware, it may be more of a RTFM situation.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, codamedia said:

Marketplace is a proprietary format... and if L6 doesn't list the Power Cab as compatible, that pretty much says it all! 

When you buy IR's through the company that makes them, they come in a variety of formats, sample rates, etc, etc...  

When you buy IR's through Marketplace they will only work on the device they were intended! 

Never "assume" anything :) 

Coda you seem to have had a cut & paste issue in your post above and have me quoted as saying "Silly me too assume that they would work with P/C as well as my Helix."  That is actually a quote from the user Randino.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, HonestOpinion said:

Coda you seem to have had a cut & paste issue in your post above and have me quoted as saying "Silly me too assume that they would work with P/C as well as my Helix."  That is actually a quote from the user Randino.  

Sorry about that... you are correct. I'm not sure how that happened, but I have removed it to avoid any confusion for future readers. 

I knew that was Randino... I just never noticed the wrong user tagged to the quote. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, codamedia said:

Sorry about that... you are correct. I'm not sure how that happened, but I have removed it to avoid any confusion for future readers. 

I knew that was Randino... I just never noticed the wrong user tagged to the quote. 

Thanks and no worries, just wanted to set the record straight.  "Serious journalism need not be solemn" - Benjamin Franklin (err, Russell Baker)  :-)