Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Freqout location

themetallikid

So I've played around with it in some various spots.  First off.....damn the helix FX Loops are noisy.  I thought it'd be a little hiss, its like a full tv channel off the air static.....absolutely horrible to use.  Are there settings for the Loops I need to look at?  I setup a noise gate after them and it grabbed it pretty well, but I feel like its choking my sustain now.

Anyway my main question is there any difference in running the Freqout pre-Helix vs in a FX Loop first in the chain.  

I have other loops I'll be using in the chain so either way I'll still need that extra noise gate block, but didn't know if there was a tracking issue or if one was better than the other.  

Also, is there an issue if I run the Drop in a loop but the Freqout first in front?  In my head it says no issues, but then I argue with myself. 

I put mine in front of my Helix, because I think that is the most logical position as this is where normal feedback would occur.

I have also been thinking of integrating it in one of the fx loops of the helix as I’m not using any other pedals. That way, I could have it on all the time and decide per preset if I would like to use it as a momentary or continuous block. But then, I have to sacrifice a block in the loop and reprogram my presets. So for now, it stays as it is and I like the way it works.

I’ll be interested to hear how you get on using The Drop in the fx loop. I just recently tried running mine in a pedal looper that I have connected to the front end of my HX effects, using Midi. I couldn’t really hear any difference at bedroom-ish levels. But I risked it and tried it out at a gig on Saturday. While it worked ok, and latency wasn’t an issue, it did seem to have more of a chorusing/phasing sound. But I’m still not 100% sure until I use it more at gig levels. But I really want it to work as per-preset, as you probably know, it can be a little embarrassing if you forget to turn it on/off.