Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X

RockerRick

Thank you for your quick reply..I really appreciate it. As you know I've only had the pedal for over one week and have re-read the advanced user guide several times, but my patience to learn as much as I can as quick as I can, the expression pedal assignments and toe switch are still not clarified or working for me. I have gone through almost all of the default presets and have not found one that somehow uses the Exp1 Exp2 pedal. I'm previewing as many tutorials on youTube as I can find. I guess I'm just really excited about having so many effects without having to turn my amp(s) up.  I just retired and have had my Marshall Stacks, Sound City Stack, Mesa Boogie, Traynor 50, SM56, SM57 hermetically sealed in plastic in my garage since 1977, the last time I was in a band. At that time the industry was just issuing in new fuzz pedals, wah-wah pedals, and a voice box (Frampton ish).

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I would suggest starting with a New Tone...Empty, no FX and no amps....Add a wah effect. It should work by default...press the toe switch and the wah works...Now add a Volume effect. You should now have volume and wah...You should be able to toggle between them....By default, the Volume effect will take up an FX block. If this is working properly, perhaps this would help you better understand how the expression assignments work...There are two expressions and the toe switch is generally for toggling which is active....FX parameter(s) can be assigned to expression. In fact you can create super cool tone morphs in the same amp model assignment the amp controls to expression. wah and volume just show you the simple default behavior 

You can cheat and assign the Amp channel volume or drive to the expression pedal without taking up an FX slot...That's a bit more advanced but fairly simple to do...Handy when you need all the FX blocks for real FX....

On 3/3/2020 at 1:56 AM, RockerRick said:

I cannot get the volume pedal to regulate the volume in any preset. What am I doing wrong? I just purchases the unit 1 week ago.

Thanks

Video tutorial ---> Assigning The Volume and Wah Pedal on POD HDX and POD HD

For other video tutorials about the HD500X (and else) look here:

Line 6 Video Tutorials: Complete List

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thanks again. I started with a New Tone...Empty, no FX and no amps....Added a wah effect. Nothing. Should there be a click or something when I press the expression pedal? It seems like the pedal plunger goes into the whole but I don't here or see any changes? I watched the "Assigning the volume and wah...   '

Thanks

18 minutes ago, RockerRick said:

Should there be a click or something when I press the expression pedal?

The toe switch under the pedal is quite hard to press.

It needs to be forced a bit. Use your weight when pressing the pedal.

When it works a different colored LED (green or red) lights up near the pedal indicating which EXP mode 2 or 1 is now controlled by the pedal

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

1 hour ago, RockerRick said:

I'm 225 lbs and am stepping on it...I don't want to drive the pedal through the enclosure.

don't worry, it's sturdy enough to withstand even 225 lbs..

but when you press the pedal can you change from EXP 1 to 2 (green and red colored LEDs alternate) and vice versa?
if so it means that at least the toe switch works well..

1 hour ago, RockerRick said:

Also, when we re calibrate, restart, re install we can't get the pedal range of zero - 255. We can only get 31-255

some people which had the same problem above (limited pedal range) solved by trying the calibration procedure from the very beginning (device off) several times until it succeeded..

also, make sure nothing is connected to the device when you do the calibration.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

I never bought a 500X new. But the 500 did have a very sturdy piece of rubber that prevented the pedal from easily being turned on until it was broken in. 

What made it easier to activate (other than slicing a piece of the rubber off) was to make sure the unit was on a hard floor and you were standing. Soft carpet allowed the unit to sink into the floor, and sitting didn't really allow enough pressure to step on it. 

I believe it was fixed in later versions. 

But, I digress.... 

Look at the light. If it switches from exp1 to exp2, you are stepping hard enough. 

Thanks. Since I bought this last week, I've put a lot of time into trying to make this work to no avail. Line 6 tech support is starting to imply returning it. I'll give it a go tomorrow again repeating everything Line 6 suggested and see what happens. I'll let you know.