Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

TBP12 Loader On mode

lixton

I have a few G90s and TBP12s.  I have managed to update all of them to 2.0 (G90s and the transmitters) with my X75 receiver unit.  However, there is one TBP12 that will not go into "Loader On" mode.  When I power the unit on with the select button pressed, it scrolls the firmware as 1.02 which is the listed minimum version to be able to update to 2.0.  However, no amount of holding the value button, powering it off, and then pressing the select button 8 times gets it to go into loader mode.  Is it possible there are some versions of 1.02 that do not support this mode?  Really can't figure it out.  I know the buttons can be hard to press but I've double checked that the buttons work fine during normal operation.  I have even put a few of the 2.0 receivers into loader mode just to verify I'm still doing it correctly and they all easily flip to that mode.

Any other ideas at this point?

• 1 month later...

Hey, Lixton,

I have this same problem, it seems that there is a special tool that only Line 6 US has access to. I specifically bought a (secondhand) v75 receiver to update the gear, but the tbp12 needs to be v1.03. It does actually say it needs to be v1.03 to do home updates on the guide page in this forum, in red near the top. Unfortunately, I live in Australia, so it's a bit more involved to get one of my favourite guitar tools up to the latest spec.

Hopefully you can make do with rf2 on two units, or just rf1 with three if needed (switching transmitter modes). Hope you found a result anyways.

Joe