Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Search For A Tone Without Using The Music Library?

bryanaldridge

Yeah, you can manually search for a tone by song or artist name in the app. If you're in the song library part of the app, hit the "Playing" icon on the upper right hand corner of the screen, and there's a field that says "Search Tone Cloud".

Yeah, choosing a tone without playing music is currently not a great experience.  It'd be nice to have a separate area outside of the music playing to search for tones.  Overall though the app has worked great for me.  I'm impressed with how stable and polished v1.0 of this app is.

Is there a way just to start from scratch with a new empty tone without starting from an existing one?

I don't think so, but the way the editor works, it wouldn't really be any different.

I'd recommend that anyone who's interested and has the ability to simply download the app and play around with it a little. The app itself is free, and you just need a Line 6 account to sign into it. It's pretty intuitive.

It should get better, like the patches on customtone. I own a POD HD500X and have got a few good patches off it. That's out of about 12 pages of tones. I did put up about 5 of my own, and I was happy to see some have 300+ downloads. I was like, cool, I don't suck. HA

That said, we shouldn't have to do all their work. Line6 is partially at fault, for not starting it us out with a decent library (subjective) of tones. Surely there are some guitar players at Line6. Supersonic and Southern Fried comes up on every other song. I went from Whitesnake to Machine and got the same tones! I am sure it will get better though, in time.

I am more concerned with the metadata matches -Clean tones come up for dirty metal songs/weak....metadata is like a Google search, mega inconsistent.