Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2 conductor single coil to 4 conductor PU

Hankon6

I am about to swap my Variax Standard pickups with DiMarzio 4 conductor PU. Chopper,fast track and Pro Track!  They are for the most part 6-8k ohms.  Chopper is 9k ohms...which is slightly higher than the working parameters....but have been used alot on the Variax.  My question is---I believe the Variax comes with 2 conductor pickups.  Which of the extra 2 conductors on the DiMarzios' need to be spliced together to join into the 2 pu wires that I will be splicing into, on the Variax? Does anyone have the wire color code chart showing which colors I need to use?

Thank

Hank

Thanks psarkissian.  I saw this diagram in one of the other threads.  Since each variax pick up have a different colored wire Blue .black white and yellow. I state this per a variax pickup swap video on the net.  Your diagram shows white and black...where do the other colored wires go?  If you would please, what 4 conductor wires in  Dimarzio pickups would be spliced into the Variax 2 pickup wiring( I will cut the variax wires so as to hook up the Dimarzios) 

Thank you sooo much for the help!

"I will cut the Variax wires so as to hook up the DiMarzios " --- don't go cutting wires unless you know exactly what you are cutting.

Check DiMarzio's wiring diagrams for their pick-ups for the different pick-up configurations (3 pick-up for this one).

https://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams

Thanks again.  But, the wires I will cut, are the ones eminating from the variax pickup that are attached to the pc board.   So, in theory I will be tapping into those wires...2 from each Variax pu pickup. PER the Variax pu swap video.