Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Upgrading From Pod Xt Pro To Pod Farm 2.5

If I own a Pod XT Pro with some of the model packs (namely MS, CC, and FX Junkie), if I were to buy Pod Farm 2.5 NON-Platinum (just the regular), will those models be available to me?  I'm mainly interested in the MS pack, but I'm also interested in not paying twice for one product.

If you purchased the the model packs then yes, and you will not need the xt Pro plugged in as a dongle.

If any of the model packs were bundled with the hardwae, you would need the xt Pro recognised via USB as a dongle.

For example, the PODxt Live came with the FX Junkie, so purchasing PF 2.5 standard would give you FX Junkie, but not without the PODxt Live plugged in.

Just make sure you purchase the hardware independant version, NOT i-Lok.

• Upvote 1

All of those packs were purchased.  I think the Power Pack module was the only 'bundled' pack.

Assuming all my model packs are available if I buy Pod Farm 2.5 regular, assuming also they work without the XT plugged in, is there ANY reason to hang onto my Pod XT Pro at all?  Does any DSP happen on the XT if it's plugged in, etc?  Are there other benefits from keeping the Pod (in a studio setting of course)?  I don't really need the money, but if there's absolutely no reason to keep this extra piece of hardware, I'll just get rid of it.

All of those packs were purchased.  I think the Power Pack module was the only 'bundled' pack.

Assuming all my model packs are available if I buy Pod Farm 2.5 regular, assuming also they work without the XT plugged in, is there ANY reason to hang onto my Pod XT Pro at all?  Does any DSP happen on the XT if it's plugged in, etc?  Are there other benefits from keeping the Pod (in a studio setting of course)?  I don't really need the money, but if there's absolutely no reason to keep this extra piece of hardware, I'll just get rid of it.

as long as you buy the pod farm 2+ license, and accept that you will lose the bundled model packs... AND have another interface in which to use... it's perfectly safe to sell off the XT

• Upvote 1

For POD 2.5 Farm plug-in or Standalone with another USB Audio interface all the processing is done on the computer.

If you are recording with the PODxt Pro as an interface and sending the wet to your DAW all the processing is done on the Pro.

If you don't need the money it could serve as a pack up or perhaps used in another location, you can have the model packs simultaneously authorized on up to four devices.

• Upvote 1

you can have the model packs simultaneously authorized on up to four devices.

word of warning though... the new owner will lose the packs if they plug it into monkey and update it....

if its a friend tell him not to do that and he can have use....

if it's just a random guy with cash... best to remove the model packs, so that they are not angry later when they lose them. (and it happens ALOT!)

• Upvote 1

Awesome guys.  Thanks for the great responses.

If I've done all my research correctly, it seems the only differences between PF2.5 standard and Platinum are the model packs listed here:

http://line6.com/modelPacks/

Since I'm only one pack away (the bass expansion pack, which I doubt I'll get, but you never know), by owning all the other packs, I'm essentially buying Platinum for $100 by buying Standard (minus the bass expansion, just to be clear).  This assumes none of my packs are bundled with the hardware, or I keep it plugged in all the time if they are.

There's no other differences in the core PF2.5 software, right?

This makes sense, and is really great for me.  At least I don't have to pay for everything twice :)

there's plenty of differences between pod farm and the xt... but mostly in your favor...

dual tones..... multiple of the same type stomps.... hardware independence...

model wise, though the difference between standard and platinum pod farm is all the model packs...

not sure if you have the power pack separately... but that's a bog and expensive one to get without the XT.

• Upvote 1

Zap, I always wondered about the Power Pack, wasn't it included with one of the firmware updates way back when?  I purchased the Gearbox Gold bundle years ago, so when I upgraded to PF2 everything is unlocked anyway.

+1 to Zap, there is no difference in the Software between POD Farm 2.5 Standard or Platinum other than the available models/effects. (just don't purchase the i-Lok version).

• Upvote 1

I was just looking through the store at the model packs, and I see the Power Pack isn't available for the Pod XT Pro, I assume because it comes bundled with it.  If you select 'computer' as your hardware, it's listed for $99.  It seems I'll have to keep my XT Pro if I want that pack.  Which isn't a big deal.  I have the rack real estate, and I like holding onto hardware for times in which it might come in handy that I can't think of right now.

word of warning though... the new owner will lose the packs if they plug it into monkey and update it....

if its a friend tell him not to do that and he can have use....

if it's just a random guy with cash... best to remove the model packs, so that they are not angry later when they lose them. (and it happens ALOT!)

Good point.

I was more thinking along the lines of authorizing it on devices/computers he owns.

• 10 months later...

See the last entry by me #27 in this post

http://line6.com/support/topic/4395-studiogx-and-farm-with-another-account-use-my-model-packs/page-2?do=findComment&comment=45192

on some good luck I had with line6 regarding your "hardware bundled" power pack  or even some general things with POD XT...I'm sure with XT Pro it would be the same.