Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV options

wtomczyk

Hello,

New to Line 6 and I got this Spider IV HD150 half stack and was trying to find options for effects, pedals etc. that Line 6 offers that is plug and play. I'm particularly interested in the newer effects boards but i'll take what I can get. If that's not an option are other brands capable to plug right into this setup? Thank you.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, wtomczyk said:

Hello,

New to Line 6 and I got this Spider IV HD150 half stack and was trying to find options for effects, pedals etc. that Line 6 offers that is plug and play. I'm particularly interested in the newer effects boards but i'll take what I can get. If that's not an option are other brands capable to plug right into this setup? Thank you.

That head has multiple amp models and onboard effects as it is... what exactly are you looking for that isn't already in there?

15 hours ago, wtomczyk said:

I'm hooking in a 500X

Because ths Spider has no effects loop, you have no choice but to feed the 500X directly into the front end of the amp. In addition to creating a great deal of noise, daisy chaining two modelers together is redundant and counterproductive... pumping amp, cab, and mic model combinations from the 500X through another amp model and into an actual guitar cabinet will create a muddled, $hitty mess that will be nearly impossible to EQ your way out of.... trust me.

When you're new to modeling, it's best to keep things simple, and use whatever you've got as it was intended... the 500X and the Spider were not designed to be paired. Stick with what you've got, and learn to create some tones with the available options in the Spider. Everything you need to get started is already there... what you're proposing is unnecessarily cumbersome, and you will find it very difficult to get a usable tone.

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with Cruisinon2. I’ve done my share of cascading preamps together and it is very unpleasant to the ear. And Even if you succeed in running the 500X pedal through the front of your Spider on the clean channel, you will not hear the true tonal characteristics of your 500X which will be a travesty...since you are new to Line 6 products I will say you’ve made a great choice! I’ve been a user for over a decade and will not go back! I suggest to look for a used amp with an effects loop so you can take advantage of the 500X and all it has to offer. Don’t get me wrong, the Spider is a good amp but it’s not High Definition and the 500X you don’t want to plug it into a digital amp that Can’t produce HD output. Find a regular tube amp or analog amp with an effects loop. That’s all you need!

I don’t know what your budget looks like, but, I Have a good suggestion for you. I bought a great half stack. It’s the Acustic G120H DSP head and matching slanted cab. I bought everything brand new for around $600. It’s a great sounding amp for the money. You may find one used for much cheaper.