telengard

CV Out on Helix Rack

If I'm not using a Helix floorboard in any way, what would this output be used for (if it can even be utilized)?

Will it pass through expression pedal input?

I have it connected to my patch panel, but now that I've tried to utilize it, I'm not sure if it's worth it.    :/

Here’s what the manual says about it....

EXT AMP 1/2, CV/Expression Out Connect EXT AMP to your traditional guitar amp to switch its channels or turn its reverb on and off. Use a TRS cable for dual operation (1=tip, 2=ring). Connect CV OUT to the expression pedal input on stompboxes or CV (Control Voltage) input on vintage pedals or synths.

If you have a pedal with an expression pedal input, you can connect that to the Helix’s CV out to control that pedal (in most cases).

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

If you have a pedal with an expression pedal input, you can connect that to the Helix’s CV out to control that pedal (in most cases).

Thanks for the ideas everyone.  I had read the manual but it didn't state anything answering what I was looking for.

And @phil_m (props for HSR avatar), yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it didn't seem that anything was coming out.  Put the expression pedal directly into my other pedal and it worked, through the Helix did not (so into EXP 1, and CV OUT to other pedal).