Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar Profiler, Helix and Variax

barnsleyboy

Has anyone checked out the SIM1 XT-1? I am mega excited about this and wondering if this sort of

technology is something that could appear down the line in the Helix.

https://www.sim-one.it/

Even better, has anyone here got one or tinkered with one? If so is it as good as they are making out?

It looks to me that you can make a sound imprint of your own guitar (or other peoples) and play that

imprint on a different guitar. If this is the case, this could be an absolute game changer!

Given that L6 has had Variax for so long albeit with its idiosyncrasies and glitches, and how faithful 

the reproductions of actual amps are in the Helix, surely this has to be in the realms of reality?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hideout said:

You had my curiosity piqued but then I saw the eye watering price tag. Yikes. 

£499 (in UK money) according to their website. I'm not sure I'd class it as 'eye watering'. Maybe a little expensive! But if it does what they say and bear in mind it has a couple of amp models in it too. I suppose if I had £500 to spend on another new guitar, I would consider it. But it would be interesting to get some feedback from others who had real life experience of the unit.

2 hours ago, barnsleyboy said:

£499 (in UK money) according to their website. I'm not sure I'd class it as 'eye watering'. Maybe a little expensive! But if it does what they say and bear in mind it has a couple of amp models in it too. I suppose if I had £500 to spend on another new guitar, I would consider it. But it would be interesting to get some feedback from others who had real life experience of the unit.

For me, it has too few footswitches For its amp modeling capabilities to be practical In live use. That and the fact that I already have amp models in the Helix. I have zero interest in other modelers. Even if they are demonstrably better, they can’t be THAT much better. I truly believe that we are now in a “Splitting Hairs” era when it comes to amp modeling. It’s gonna have to be a night and day difference before it’ll get my interest. Thus, I’m only interested in it’s guitar modeling capability and with that in mind, it is eye wateringly expensive.