Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix HX Effects 2.82.0 Snapshot Blues

GitaarGek52

Got the HX Effects a week ago.  Got the latest update, 2.82. Love the sounds! 
The snapshots, however, give me a hard time....They 'blink' and when I tap them, the HX jumps back to the preset mode.
Using the edit software on my pc it works just fine.

I have searched the forums and it has been mentioned here and there, but I haven't found a soltion yet.

Anybody??

Go to Global Settings>Switches>Snpsht Mode and set it to Latching if you want the snapshots to remain up after you select one. They're flashing because it's set to Momentary. The update resets the Global Settings to their default, so if you didn’t restore from backup after doing the update, that’s why this setting would have changed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GitaarGek52 said:

Hello Phil,
thanks for the reply. 
The switch IS on 'latch' in Global Settings, but I still have the same 'blinking' going on.

To make sure I did a back-up en a factory reset, but no dice.

Suggestions anyone?

I would double check. There’s also a Preset Mode parameter that has the same settings (Latching and Momentary) as options. Make sure you’re looking at the one for Snapshots.

6 minutes ago, GitaarGek52 said:

Hello Phil,
I think you are right.  The moment/latch switch I find in the Global Settings is the one for the presets.
The only edit choice for snapshots I can find (in Global Settings) is the one where you choose between recall and discard.

It’s under Global Settings>Switches, but you have to hit the > switch to go to Page 2 of that menu. There you’ll see the Snapshot Mode setting.

1 minute ago, GitaarGek52 said:

Must be me....In Global Settings I can go to ins/Outs, Prefs, Switches/Pedals, MIDI/Tempo/Displays.
where's that >switch that brings me to page 2?

Select the Switches menu. The options you see there at first are page 1. The > switch is under the ACTION key.