Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT and Voicelive 3

jbgourmet

Anybody please help! 
I'd like to hook up this 2 units,(Helix LT & Voicelive3 extreme ) so I can control vocal harmonies with my guitar. another word: so VL3 would recognize the chords I am playing thru Helix (using Helix effects for guitar, and also using VL3 for looping).
What I need to know is how to connect these units with cables and how to set them both internally to work together. Please use a simple explanation as I am new to these equipments and have a limited knowledge of  the terns and language that the user manuals gave. 
I am ready to gave up on both, as none of the support people would give a clear answer. Very frustrating. 

Thanks ahead! 

I have a Helix Rack and Voice Live 5. I just plug my guitar into the Guitar-In port of the Voice Live 5, then from the Guitar-Out of the Live 5 I go to the Guitar Input on the Helix Rack. I'm sure it would be similar in your case. Hope that works for you!

You can also send a 1/4 out of the helix to the voicelive for chords recognitions and send the xlr to the mixer or vice versa.

If you want to be hard core you can use the midi out of the helix to change your vocals presets at the same time or vocal looper with some controller studies 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi @jbgourmethave you had luck? I run my guitar/bass to the VL3 and use the 1/4Through on VL3 to send to Helix. I use Midi to sync a lot more other features. You could map some buttons on the Helix to operate the VL3's looper if you're not using all your buttons on you Helix. Would be more than glad to help you figure out your setup. I know what that's like! : ) Here is my setup