Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi + Podxt (podfarm 2.5) + Jtv 69

auto-da-fe

Is there any inter-working between the L6 products I already have (Pod XT, Podfarm 2.5, JTV 69) and Amplifi ?

I am really intrigued by this product, but if there is something boost or tie between i get from the products I already own and Amplifi, it might be pushed towards a purchase.

Even if L6 said future updates, that might sway me.

JR

1) So all the modeling that comes in the IOS app, is stand alone and not tied to any model packs already purchased ?  

2) Is the IOS app an extra that you have to purchase ?  ( Does it come day 1 with all the models, pedals etc, or do you have to make in app purchases any time you want something)

3) I assume that it would at least sound better playing acoustic models from the JTV 69 than a regular guitar amp ?  (having 5 speakers and all)

"other than possibly adapting the line in to accept the out of the XT, there's no other integration that i'm aware of."  I think you can do that with any AMP ?

1. from the sounds of things it has all the model packs ALA x3 already in there (unconfirmed)

2. free

3. agree, the full range box and tweeters will surely help.

yes you could do that with any amp... BUT... not all amps are stereo, and full range...

it would work more like a portable PA system in my opinion.

you would use an insert cable from the 2-1/4" out on your XT, to the 1-1/8" in on the amp.

your source is still a single guitar... (mono)

but you would get stereo by the effects you chose on the xt.

Good answers, thanks !

Question, if the AMP has a single 1/4 Guitar input how do you get stereo ?  Not sure I follow.

Jeff

I think that the stereo part comes into play more for streaming your music from your ios device. I have the 75 watt version and it sounds pretty nice. I am a little concerned with it only having the 8 inch speaker, but I still have a lot of experimenting to do. At the current time, I am kind of stuck on a bug in the app that is bothering me and have been focusing on trying to narrow down the causes of the app disconnecting from the amp. I have a post talking about that.

to add onto Zap's comment on the model set - the AMPLIFi model set is taken from the POD Farm guitar amp models, which were reworked from the Vetta/Xt/X3 set.  All the guitar amp model packs from that era should be present and no additional amp add ons are available at this time.