Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX LT New Preset can't open model list - HELP!!

edstar1960

I am a new HELIX LT owner, but long time Line 6 user with Variax, POD HD500X etc.  Got the HELIX LT this weekend and have switched it on and tried out the factory loaded sounds. I have also connected to my PC and upgraded the firmware to the latest 2.82.  Tonight I decided it was about time I learnt how to build a preset from scatch. Chose USER 1 setlist and 01A New Preset.

The screen very helpfully tells me to "Press joystick to open model list"

However, when I press the joystick, nothing happens.

Is my brand new HELIX LT broken - or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

6 hours ago, edstar1960 said:

The screen very helpfully tells me to "Press joystick to open model list"

However, when I press the joystick, nothing happens.

Hi edstar1960,

This issue has been discussed at length in various parts of this forum, particularly in the “Bug Reports” sticky thread, where I got this simple fix from fellow user - “MonkeyXT”. After a repair to the Joystick tags, I updated the firmware and discovered the problem you describe and reverted to v2.7 which fixed the problem and I knew it was not a hardware failure. 

Here’s the quote from MonkeyXT:

“I was able to point someone else in the right direction with what I believe is the same behavior as you're seeing here - I believe that with the new options available for the joystick control, some internal parameters for the joystick controller functions have been adjusted.

Specifically, the push straight in to select.

It seems that v2.8x instructs that device to ignore any 'long' presses - and its idea of 'long' is still pretty short.

But, if you tap it in and release relatively quickly, I believe you'll find the control function will work predictably.

If you're willing to re-update, maybe give this a try.”

In another thread from early August - “Intermittent joystick since update” there is a post from “MusicLaw” who pointed out this is not a “bug” and referenced the official release notes from Line 6, which state:

————————

New Global setting option as of 2.80. 

The 2.80 RELEASE NOTES state:

Turn Joystick to Select Blocks

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT

Currently, turning the joystick encoder scrolls through available models for the selected block. With 2.80, you can now choose to instead turn the joystick to quickly move across the signal flow.

From the Global Settings > Preferences menu, turn Knob 5 (Joystick Encoder) to choose “Model” or “Selection.”

“Model” remains the default.

SHORTCUT: Pressing and turning the joystick will provide the opposite setting; that is, when set to “Model”, press and turn the joystick to quickly move across the signal qow. When set to “Selection,” press and turn the joystick to scroll through available models for the selected block.

—————————

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Fast edit and repost
  • Upvote 1