Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix amp channel switching with Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special

reggiedadog

HI, moved back to using a helix again as I wanted an all in one pedalboard solution but still like to use my amp. The LOnestar Special has a two button footswitch, one to change the channels (tip) and one to give a solo boost (ring)

Trying to use the command centre to get this to work with a single TRS solution and not having any look- do I need a Y cable? 

Anyone else using the helix with this amp? 

Thanks

Richard

Thanks, Im getting somewhere but Im still confused. 

I bought a stereo to dual mono cable today. 

I tried various combinations - if i plug the stereo into the ext amp socket on the helix, and the Red cable into the fw on the amp it changes the channel with the button set to 'ring' 

But I've then got the tip (white cable) dangling loose like a keyboard player at an orgy.

Is there any was I can use the helix to change the channels and do the solo boost? This is a big part of my tone and I was really hoping the helix could utilise it. 

Thanks

Richard   

Im an actual idiot. I was trying to go from the helix ext amp out to the fsw in on the front gf the amp. 

When I looked around the back I find a seperate channel select and solo jack- plugged the monos into that and it all works fine... channel select is ring and solo is tip.

This is why I need a roadie, I once tore apart my entire set up at a gig because I had no noise to find an issue before realising Id not turned the volume knob up on my guitar...

@re2rk thanks for your time and patience

• 1 year later...

@reggiedadog - I’m trying to duplicate but am having trouble. I’m using a stereo cable out of the Helix Floor to an adapter that splits it to tip (red) and ring (black). It’s a Hosa adapter. Is that the right setup? No matter what I do, I can’t get both the amp channel switching AND the boost function to work. Should I be using something different? In Command Center I’ve tried all the settings combinations for 1,2, 1 and 2, but I’m striking out. Any advice? Thanks for any suggestions.